Walt Disney World is bring the Christmas cheer early this year as their annual holiday events will start earlier than ever on Nov. 9, 2012. At the Magic Kingdom, there is an extra night of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party with 20 nights, at Epcot, singer/actress Olivia Newton John makes her debut as a celebrity narrator for the Candlelight Processional and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights will again light up the night.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will have its longest-ever run with 20 nights from Nov. 9-Dec. 21. Beginning at 7 p.m. (after regular park hours), guests with special event tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party can enjoy all the holiday offerings including stage shows, fireworks, a unique holiday parade and holiday traditions including complimentary cookies and hot cocoa, and snow flurries on Main Street, U.S.A. For more information click here. This is a hard ticket special event after regular park hours; purchasing tickets in advance is recommended. Dates for 2012: Nov. 9, 12, 15, 16, 25, 27, 29, 30 and Dec. 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21.
- Entertainment, Fireworks and More: The Magic Kingdom is transformed into a winter wonderland with festive wreaths, bows, garland, sparkling lights, parades and towering Christmas trees. The fun includes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season fireworks, plus live entertainment with Disney characters all dressed up for the holidays.
- Castle Dream Lights: Cinderella Castle transforms into a glimmering ice palace for the holidays, thanks to a special effects spectacle bathing the castle in 200,000 shimmering white lights. Magic Kingdom guests are treated nightly to the castle celebration and stage show.
- Candlelight Processional is a timeless holiday offering at Epcot that combines seasonal music with the poignant reading of the Christmas story by a celebrity narrator, accompanied by a mass choir performing seasonal melodies, and a 50-piece live orchestra. Actress/Singer Olivia Newton John makes her debut as one of a dozen narrators to take to the stage at this year’s event, performed nightly at 5, 6:45 and 8:15 p.m. on Nov. 23 – Dec. 30. Crowd favorites Neil Patrick Harris, Isabella Rosellini and Gary Sinise all return to America Gardens Theater stage on select nights. For more information and reservations click here.
- Holidays Around the World: Storytellers from around the world share traditions and lore from their homeland throughout World Showcase. The joy continues with meet and greets with Santa and Mrs. Claus, plus the nightly “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” laser, light, fireworks display with an added seasonal finale.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights: This seasonal display features millions of dancing lights, plus animated displays and 3D effects synchronized to holiday classics amidst snowfall. The tradition takes place on the Streets of America from Nov. 9, 2012 to Jan. 4, 2013.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Mickey and his pals rejoice in traditional holiday music with a world beat twist during the daily “Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade.”
- Get your Christmas shopping done at Downtown Disney during Festival of the Seasons. The shopping mecca is draped with yuletide cheer, plus live entertainment, holiday carolers, a street party, plus photo ops with Santa and Santa Goofy.
Stay tuned to Orlando Attractions Magazine for more information on offerings at Walt Disney World this holiday season.
A look at Walt Disney World’s 2010 holiday season events
Walt Disney World offers many ways to celebrate the 2011 holidays
Photos and videos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2010
Disney officially retires the Lights of Winter holiday archway at Epcot
Orlando’s many holiday events make it easy to get in the Christmas spirit
- Tags: Candlelight Processional, Christmas, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, Epcot, Epcot Candlelight Processional, holidays, lights, Magic Kingdom, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, snow, The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights