Filed under: Disney, Downtown Disney, Event, Movies, Walt Disney World
Posted by: Anthony Armenia
Disney will be holding a special Frankenweenie Weekend at Downtown Disney West Side to celebrate the Oct. 5 opening of Disney’s new stop-motion animated movie Frankenweenie. The celebration will take place from Sept. 28 through 30, 2012 and include a 3D sneak peek, photos, treats and a first-ever Walt Disney World Resort appearance of Jack & Sally from Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Until capacity is reached, fans can sign up for a free screening of Frankenweenie at AMC Downtown Disney 24 by signing up at rsvptrack.com/disneysneakpeek/frankenweenie. (Be sure to tell them you heard about it through Orlando Attractions Magazine.)
There will also be exclusive screenings of the following movies with an extended 3D sneak peek of Frankenweenie for only $6 a ticket:
- The Nightmare Before Christmas at 4:15 p.m.
- Alice in Wonderland at 6:30 p.m.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas at 8 p.m.
- Alice in Wonderland at 10:30 p.m.
Here is a run down of the other events:
- New Holland Pet Cemetery picture spot presented by HGTV and inspired by Frankenweenie
- First Walt Disney World meet and greet with Jack and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Frankenweenie-inspired merchandise at D-Street
- Special treats and beverages including Franken Fusion Lemonade, Frankenweenie hot dogs and more.
The events will take place from 6 to 11 p.m. on Sept. 28, 29 and 30, 2012 at Downtown Disney West Side in the Walt Disney World Resort.
Magnetron closing at Downtown Disney, but two new stores to open and one to remodel
Chief Magic Official Justin Muchoney’s Surprise Unbirthday Party at Epcot
New stores, restaurant and 3D technology coming to Downtown Disney
Latin chicken restaurant to replace McDonald’s at Downtown Disney
Broadway fans won’t want to miss the Disney cast production ‘Finding Wonderland’