Filed under: Event, Holiday, SeaWorld
Posted by: Anthony Armenia
SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration is bringing the holiday cheer once again with carols in the air, a sparkling sea of trees, skaters on ice and much more. From elves to Elmo and Santa to Shamu, SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration is where the season meets the sea. This years event takes place on select dates Nov. 17 through Dec. 31, 2012.
Families and friends can once again enjoy the spirit of Christmas during SeaWorld’s holiday-themed shows and festivities:
- O Wondrous Night tells the greatest story never told, with more than 30 carols, based upon the Christmas Story and told through the eyes of a variety of live animals. This light-hearted celebration features a host of angels, animals and the true glory of Christmas. And new this year, guests will have the opportunity to take photos with some of the stars from the show.
- Winter Wonderland on Ice is an ice skating extravaganza where Christmas comes to life through towering water fountains, fireworks and ice skaters from around the world.
- Shamu Christmas… Miracles is a nighttime show that brings together thrilling seasonal music while whales soar through the air in a performance that will take the audience on a voyage into the heart of the holidays.
- Clyde and Seamore’s Countdown to Christmas features Santa’s helpers, Clyde and Seamore, who are bringing their own brand of comedy to Christmas this year. The sea lion duo, along with a few mischievous otters, a comical elf, and a wintery walrus or two, search for Santa.
- A Sesame Street Christmas is a musical celebration through dance, laughter, and interactive sing-a-longs, Elmo, Telly Monster and the rest of Abby Cadabby’s Sesame Street friends teach her what Christmas means to them.
- SeaWorld celebrates the season during Holiday Reflections: Fireworks and Fountains Finale, with soaring fountains, lights, and festive fireworks, choreographed to holiday musical favorites.
- At the Polar Express Experience, discover the sights, sounds and smells of the season as family and friends are immersed in the dazzling wonder of this beloved holiday classic. Upon arrival at the North Pole, guests can meet Santa Claus himself, and encounter astounding animals in a wintery wonderland.
In addition to the incredible seasonal shows and attractions, the Sea of Trees is back with more than 100 trees, each sparkling, lighted and choreographed to classic holiday tunes, making a dramatic display around SeaWorld’s center lake. Lastly, the Christmas Market, located on the park’s Bayside Pathway, features unique artisans and culinary delights. For more information, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com.
Photos by: Anthony Armenia
Elmo, Santa and Shamu will be a part of this years holiday celebrations at SeaWorld
Photos and videos from SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration
SeaWorld’s 2010 Christmas Celebration brings back favorites and adds a Sea of Trees
New holiday shows at SeaWorld for 2009 including ice-skating and Sesame Street
Orlando’s many holiday events make it easy to get in the Christmas spirit