Splitsville Luxury Lanes are now open. The new complex, in the former Virgin Megastore location, combines billiards, bowling, live entertainment, bars and dining. The upscale, retro-style bowling venue is the largest in the bowling brand’s fleet and joins other fun, family-friendly entertainment options in Downtown Disney West Side.
“Splitsville is a perfect fit for Downtown Disney,” said Keith Bradford, vice president of Downtown Disney. “From a new twist on a beloved sport to an impressive menu you’ve never expect to find in a bowling facility, Splitsville offers a great experience that complements our other unique offerings at Downtown Disney. I’m sure it will quickly become a guest favorite.”
The Splitsville concept is anchored by bowling – the largest participation sport in America. The décor is a blend of hip and nostalgic elements with the bowling lanes separated into clusters that create unexpected sight lines for guests. There are also lane concierges available nightly to help maximize the bowling experience for guests.
The Splitsville menu is different than your typical bowling alley fare. Guided by award-winning chef Tim Cushman, the menu features a variety of higher-end offerings such as grilled Mahi Mahi with “Voodoo” shrimp, filet sliders and grilled chicken parmesan, plus a kids menu, in addition to traditional bowling alley food items. There are two sushi bars where guests can get fresh-rolled sushi.
“We’ve created a collection of menu items that are perfect for sharing,” said Guy Revelle, co-founder of Splitsville. “Whether it is sushi, sliders or pizza, customers can order combinations of food and then taste a little bit of everything. It creates a very interactive and social experience where the Splitsville concept helps ‘break the ice’ and allow guests of all ages to relax and enjoy their time at our luxury lanes!”
Check out these fun facts about the new Splitsville location:
- Number of lanes: 30.
- Lane configuration: 20 lanes second-level, 10 ground-level. First two-level Splitsville of its kind.
- Number of bars: Five, featuring the famous Splitsville frozen schooner of beer, specialty cocktails and a wide selection of frozen specialty drinks.
- Featured menu items: Hand-cut steaks, mahi mahi with Voodoo shrimp, fresh-rolled sushi, filet sliders, hand-tossed pizza and classic hamburgers made with Splitsville’s special blend of certified angus brisket, short rib and ground chuck.
- Number of sushi bars: Two – one on each level where customers can watch chefs roll their hand-made creations and belly-up for a Volcano Roll, Super Tuna or any of the fresh selections.
- Other unique features: Lane concierge responsible for delivering shoes and bowling balls to your lanes prior to your arrival; outdoor patio dining on both floors; billiards tables; live music seven nights a week; more than 60 flat screen TVs.
Splitsville is open daily from 10:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. On Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays after 10:30 p.m., the second floor will only be open to those 21 years old and older. Initial pricing for one and a half hours of bowling is $20 per person from 5 to 10 p.m. and $15 per person all other times. Splitsville won’t offer bowling or dining reservations until a later date.
Look for our video report and bowl-off on the Dec. 20, 2012 episode of Orlando Attractions Magazine – The Show and our full photo gallery below: