Things get a little chilly as Ava and Natalie board a boat and take a trip around Arendelle for the first time in forever on Frozen Ever After at Epcot! [Read more…]
Epcot’s International Food & Wine Festival was already set to be an exciting event with a record number of 75 days, as well as 35 Global Marketplaces, but guests have an unforgettable concert series in store, as Walt Disney World recently announced the lineup for the “Eat to the Beat” concert series. [Read more…]
Disney and Pixar fans are going to get two new short films added to the lineup once the attraction reopens in Epcot on June 19 after a short refurbishment: “Piper” and “Feast.” [Read more…]
As of today, guests can now experience “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” at Epcot in a new and delicious way with the Frozen Ever After Dessert Party. [Read more…]
Join us this week as we thank the Phoenicians with a Spaceship Earth inspired geometric look. [Read more…]
The annual GayDays LGBTQ event began on May 30th this year, and once again is the premiere vacation experience for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer community, thanks to a weeklong celebration full of events, and its inclusive and welcoming environment. [Read more…]
By Fowl Owlerson
Disclaimer: Unless where otherwise noted, the following is rumor and speculation, and should not be regarded as fact unless confirmed by the companies mentioned.
Could the end be near for the Universe of Energy attraction at Epcot? And if so, would the Tron franchise be a good fit? [Read more…]
Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort is celebrating its 35th anniversary, and to celebrate, a record number of 35 global food and wine marketplaces and kiosks will be present at this year’s International Food & Wine Festival. This year’s festival gets even better, as it will extend its run for 75 days – longer than any other previous Food & Wine Festival. [Read more…]
Want to go to the theme parks with us? Tune in live and interact during our weekly show, “Early Night Live”. [Read more…]
Springtime is blooming in the Disney parks, and with it comes one of the most popular annual fan events in the Disney community: Dapper Day. [Read more…]
Orlando’s theme parks are currently hopping with spring holiday crowds, and you can find special Walt Disney World Easter activities in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot now through April 20. [Read more…]
On March 17, the long-awaited live action retelling of Disney’s animated classic, “Beauty and the Beast,” will enchant theaters nationwide. What better way to prepare for the exciting debut than with our top 10 enchanting “Beauty and the Beast”-themed experiences at Walt Disney World? [Read more…]
“Frozen” fans and fragrance lovers rejoice – a new Disney signature fragrance based on the animated film will be released this Wednesday, March 1. [Read more…]
This year’s Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival kicks off on March 1, and with celebrating 24 years, the festival promises new food options and beautiful character topiaries to capture the imagination. [Read more…]
With “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” opening in theaters on Dec. 16, a special event was held at Epcot to announce new and updated Star Wars experiences coming soon, as well as transform a Disney icon into the Death Star. [Read more…]
The 2017 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival starts on March 1 with new character topiaries, entertainers, food offerings, and other recently announced additions for 24th annual event.
The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, which expanded to 90 days in 2016, will run March 1 through May 29, 2017, and will feature the following new attractions:
• Fresh, farm-market food and beverage flavors will debut at two new Outdoor Kitchens that will join 13 returning Outdoor Kitchens. Guest can sip and savor their way around Epcot, enjoying chef-inspired noshes and refreshing libations with or without a kick.
• The new generation of princess topiaries (Snow White, Anna and Elsa – the first to be designed and created with topiary facial features) will welcome a brand-new Belle topiary as fans remember her from the Oscar-winning Disney film, “Beauty and the Beast.” Located outside the France pavilion with the Beast topiary, Belle will come to life with sculpted facial features and her yellow ball gown created with golden blooming Joseph’s Coat plants.
• Another festival first will be a 6-foot-tall topiary of Figment, the feisty dragon mascot of the park’s Imagination! pavilion, perched atop a 5-foot-diameter ball fashioned from yellow Joseph’s Coat.
• The brand-new Epcot front-entrance topiary garden inspired by a vintage Walt Disney short film will spring to life with a floral-festooned maypole featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Daisy and Pluto.
• The popular Garden Rocks concert series will expand to four days each week, with three concerts each Friday through Monday presenting pop musicians that span multiple genres over four decades.
• New Garden Rocks Dining Packages will be available on select days at a number of Epcot restaurants.
• Reimagined interactive play gardens will include a new take on the “Cars”-themed garden introducing a new character topiary from the June 2017 release of the Disney•Pixar sequel, “Cars 3.” Music Garden Melodies play area will return with new garden and topiary elements.
• For the first time, the event’s Festival Center will extend operating hours from Wednesday, March 1 through Sunday, March 5. Throughout the rest of the festival, the center will be open each Friday through Sunday with an entertaining mix of gardening seminars and DIY workshops.
• One of the popular Outdoor Kitchen gardens, Urban Farm Eats, will return with savory bites, sweet treats and ideas for planting produce that can inspire growing numbers of guests who want to learn to grow their own edibles.
“A lot of people, including young children, are serious foodies now, and they have lots of questions about gardening,” says Eric Darden, festival horticulture manager. “We’re getting more and more people in their 20s and 30s asking, ‘How can I grow this?’ I think we’ll be creating more gardeners because people can see what’s possible.”
Returning favorites at the 2017 Flower & Garden Festival will include:
• Topiaries of Donald Duck and nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie will share Future World space in front of Spaceship Earth with Chip and Dale for a “Fresh Epcot” selfie and family photo opportunity.
• Anna and Elsa topiaries will return to the Norway pavilion festival landscape in celebration of the park’s new Frozen Ever After Nearly 100 festival topiaries in all will include up to 70 character creations such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Lady and the Tramp, Simba, Timon and Tinker Bell.
• Guests will encounter garden surprises and special appearances related to Earth Day and other spring activities.
• The Butterflies on the Go garden will return with the story of the Monarch’s epic journey across the continent and featuring butterflies emerging from their chrysalises.
• On the way to the new Soarin’ Around the World film at the Soarin’ attraction in The Land pavilion, guests can discover gardens featuring edible flowers, plants that benefit health and healing, and a pollinator paradise.
• Dozens of Disney-crafted “flower towers” and beds of multi-colored blooms will transform the park’s landscape. At least 70,000 bedding plants will surround the Future World east and west lakes alone; on the water, 220 mini-gardens will be set afloat.
The festival, including all gardening programs and exhibits, is included in regular Epcot admission. For more information about the 24th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, call 407-934-7639 or visit epcotinspring.com, and watch this episode of Attractions The Show featuring the 2016 Flower & Garden Festival:
Combining visual, culinary and performing arts from around the world, the first-ever Epcot International Festival of the Arts will happen for six weekends in early 2017. [Read more…]
At D23’s Destination D: Amazing Adventures event in Orlando, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek revealed new concept art and details for several big projects coming to Walt Disney World in the future. [Read more…]
In the latest step along its journey to becoming Orlando’s year-round food festival theme park, Epcot Holidays Around the World is expanding this year with five new food marketplaces, which will serve seasonal treats from November 25 to December 30, 2016. [Read more…]
ABC’s daytime series “The Chew” returns to Walt Disney World this week to film five shows from the 21st Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. [Read more…]