Excitement is growing as D23 Expo: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event gets closer and closer. During the three-day event, guests will have the chance to experience entertainment that you can only see during D23.
Guests will get to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the classic Disney film, “Hercules;” hear from Disney Legends during a panel hosted by Leonard Maltin; a chat with Legends of Walt Disney Imagineering hosted by Join Stamos; and a stage production featuring music from Walt Disney’s classic live-action musicals, hosted by Whoopi Goldberg and featuring Lesley Ann Warren.
The Walt Disney Archives will also host three days of presentations on its own stage. Guests will also be able to enjoy the first-ever “Ultimate Fan Street Party” on the show floor.
Many panels for the Disney event have already been announced, including the following:
- Mousequerade – Friday, July 14, 11 a.m. – Stage 28
- The fan-favorite costume contest is back with judges Ashley Eckstein (“Star Wars: Rebels”), Yvette Nicole Brown (ABC’s “The Mayor”), and Kara Saun (costume designer for “Descendants 2”), as well as host Jim Babcock. Finalists will compete for a grand prize of $2,300.
- “The Golden Girls:” A Celebration of Friendship, Laughter, and Cheesecake – Friday, July 14, 2:30 p.m. – Stage 28
- Celebrate the 25 years since the final episode of “The Golden Girls” as the show’s creators and other special guests come together to discuss the enduring impact of the show.
- Disney Legends 30th Anniversary – Friday, July 14, 4:15 p.m. – Stage 28
- Leonard Maltin hosts this panel with an impressive lineup of Disney Legends who have made a mark on Disney history, including Walt Disney Archives founder Dave Smith, Bill Farmer (the voice of Goofy and Pluto), and 2017 inductee Mark Hamill.
- Melodies in Walt’s Time: The Music of Disney Live-Action Films – Friday, July 14, 6 p.m. – D23 Expo Arena
- D23 Expo will honor Walt Disney’s live-action musicals in a live state production hosted by Whoopi Goldberg, and featuring Karen Dotrice, Lesley Ann Warren, and many other guest stars. Musicals to be showcased are “Mary Poppins,” “The Happiest Millionare,” “Summer Magic,” and more.
- Zero to Hero: The Making of Hercules – Sunday, July 16, 12:30 p.m. – D23 Expo Arena
- Celebrate the 20th anniversary of this Disney film that brought the story of Hercules to life with directors Ron Clements and John Musker, animators Ken Duncan (“Megara”) and Eric Goldberg (“Phil”), as well as the voices of Megara and Hercules – Susan Egan and Tate Donovan.
- “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs:” 80th Anniversary Screening – Sunday, July 16, 3:15 p.m. – D23 Expo Arena
- Guests will be able to enjoy a special screening of the film that started it all for Walt Disney, in honor of the 8-th anniversary of its release.
- Legends of Walt Disney Imagineering – Sunday, July 16, 6 p.m. – D23 Expo Arena
- John Stamos hosts this conversation with three Imagineering Disney Legends: Tony Baxter, Marty Sklar, and 2017 Disney Legend inductee Wayne Jackson. Hear real-life stories about all the work and people it took to help make experiences in the Disney Parks around the world memorable and unique.
The Walt Disney Archives Stage is also coming to D23 this year, as it hosts 17 panels and presentations with guests like director Pete Docter, Bret Iwan (the voice of Mickey Mouse), Disney Legend Jim Cora, and more. Check out the full schedule here.
Center Stage will serve as the core of D23 Expo on the show floor, featuring live performances; presentations with Disney animators; and even Bill Rogers, “The voice of Disneyland,” as he records fans’ voicemail messages in his signature voice throughout the weekend. The complete lineup for Center Stage will soon be available on the D23 Expo app.
Guests will also be able to enjoy the “Ultimate Fan Street Party” for the first time, also located on the D23 show floor. Twice a day, guests can parade down Mickey Avenue with their favorite Disney characters, a live band, and special celebrity grand marshals! Mark Hamill and Stan Lee will host the first Ultimate Street Party on Friday, July 14. Other talent and hosts will be announced soon on the D23 app.
Tickets for the D23 Expo 2017 are available for $81 for a one-day adult admission, and $59 for children ages 2-9. D23: The Official Disney Fan Club members can purchase tickets for $72 for adults, and $53 for children. Multi-day tickets are also available for purchase. For more information on D23 Expo 2017 and to purchase tickets, visit D23Expo.com.