Now through Sunday, Feb. 5 2017, guests can join Mickey, Minnie and all their friends at Disney’s California Adventure for an extended Lunar New Year Celebration. Celebrating the Year of the Rooster, a wide variety of live performances, activities, merchandise and more are available.
Disney’s storytelling combines with Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures through different forms of live entertainment during the event, including live acrobatics, musicians, and an all-new preshow for “World of Color,” entitled “Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration.”
This six-minute preshow highlights this significant event, and utilizes all of the technical and musical effects that characterize the “World of Color” spectacle.
Following the journey of a “Little Lantern” returning home for the new years’ celebration, “Hurry Home” will display three separate “dream sequences,” illustrated with two different animation styles: CG animation and sequences using Chinese paper-cut out style animation. The spectacle includes a score from the opening ceremony of Shanghai Disney Resort, composted by Academy-Award winning composer Tan Dun.
Lunar New Year, traditionally celebrated within Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, commemorates the moment when both the sun and the moon begin their journey for another year.
Other highlights of the Lunar New Year Celebration include:
• Three locations offering foods inspired by the cultures of China, Korea and Vietnam, with menu selections such as Pork Soup Dumplings, Kimchi Fried Rice, and Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewers
• Additional cultural menu items at dining locations Paradise Garden Grill, including Beef Pho Noodle Soup, Vegetable Japchae, and Cassava Coconut Cake
• Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Chip ’n Dale, Mulan and Mushu, decked out in their Lunar New Year costumes, welcome guests to take exclusive photos in a themed photo location
• Live performances by various musical and orchestral acts, featuring Chinese concert musician Jie Ma
• Performances by the Acrobats of China, an award-winning troupe that has been performing per tradition for over 2,000 years
• A new parade titled “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” in which Mulan and Mushu bring in the Year of the Rooster with a procession of performers to the backdrop of music selections from Disney’s animated feature, “Mulan”
• A Lucky Wishing Wall, where guests can leave their own good wishes for the future
• Themed Lunar New Year decor throughout Disney’s California Adventure
• Lunar New Year commemorative merchandise, including an exclusive T-shirt, pin, decorative trinket box, and traditional red envelopes used to give gifts during the annual celebration
For more information and daily entertainment schedules for the Lunar New Year Celebration, check out their website for the event at Disneyland.com/LunarNewYear.