Whether it’s a weekend getaway in a beachside bed and breakfast or soaking up some sun along 72 miles of beaches, the Space Coast has many offerings for vacationing families and day-trippers.
• Port Canaveral – Those looking to cruise to exotic places this year will delight in two cruise ships – Carnival Liberty and Carnival Sunshine – scheduled to sail year-round from their new home at Port Canaveral.
• Treetop Trek at the Brevard Zoo – It’s an outdoor adventure filled with zip lines. Thrill seekers can experience the all-new Black Diamond section. It promises even bigger challenges including a vertical climb, ultimate monkey bars and a vertical zip line descent.
• Museum of Dinosaurs and Ancient Cultures – Coming soon, Cocoa Beach will become home to this new museum where kids and families can explore dinosaurs around every corner.
Festivals Return .
• Ron Jon Beach n’ Boards Fest – Surfers and beach lovers are celebrated March 12 through 16 at Cocoa Beach during competitions, exhibitions, board sports, music, volleyball, entertainment and Florida’s biggest and richest pro surfing contest.
• Runaway Country Music Fest – Turn up the music this March 21 through 22 at Wickham Park in Melbourne for a country music event. See top acts including Keith Urban, Toby Keith, The Band Perry, Joe Nichols, Rodney Atkins, Chris Cagle, Charlie Daniels Band and Colt Ford.
• Brevard Wildlife Corridor Expedition – April 3 through 13 nature fans can go on an excursion as this festival travels across the county offering more than 80 events and activities which include hiking, cycling (off-road fat tire treks), kayaking, horseback riding, standup paddling, overnight and multiple-day excursions (on land and on the water), wildlife excursions, expert-led learning tours, photography and conservation events.
Step Off The Beaten Path
• Sunshine State Eggfest – This March 14 and 15 at the Crowne Plaza Resort in Melbourne, feel the heat as countless Big Green Egg grills blaze with rich BBQ recipes and dishes from local chefs that guests can sink their teeth into.
• Brevard Zoo’s 20th Birthday Celebration – Help Brevard Zoo celebrate its 20th Birthday Party with the opening of Meerkat Hamlet on March 15 and the return of butterflies with Butterfly Wings and Enchanted Things starting on May 24.
• Food Truck Wars – Find a new favorite cuisine during Palm Bay’s Food Truck Wars and competition this May.
• 5th Annual Thunder On The Beach – Don’t miss the only official national and international sanctioning body for offshore powerboat racing in the world at Cocoa Beach on May 16 through 18.