Legoland Florida has announced a line-up of events for 2013 including the first ever “Lego Star Wars Days”. These events, geared toward children ages 2 to 12, range from Lego Friends Weekend to Kids’ New Year’s Eve.
- Junior Master Model Builder is a fun and interactive Lego building competition that takes place quarterly. Guests are invited to participate and build a model that follows the designated Lego theme for each competition. Quarterly winners receive special prizes and will be invited to participate in the Ultimate Build Off at the end of the year. Dates include
• January 26 and 27, 2013: Lego City Theme
• May 4 and 5, 2013: Yoda Chronicles Theme
• July 4 and 5, 2013: Independence Day Theme
• November 9 and 10, 2013: Lego Chima Theme
- Lego Friends Weekend is a daytime event for girls that includes a Lego Friends building event, entertainment, games, activities, a chance to meet and greet Lego Friends characters and much more. This second annual event celebrates girls and their personal individuality. This event will take place on Feb. 9 and 10, 2013
- Legoland Water Park, a park within a park, re-opens just in time for spring break and summertime fun. Guests of all ages can spend a full day of play in the water park with the Build-A-Raft River, where guests can build their own Lego inner tubes and float down a 1,000-foot lazy river, the Duplo Splash Safari, the Joker Soaker water playground, a 583,000-gallon wave pool and five slippery-fast water slides. The wtaer park opens March 9 and runs through the end of October.
- Winter Haven Hospital Foundation’s Citrus Classic 5K Run and Fun Walk allows runners and walkers to “play their part” during this community-wide health event designed for participants of all ages. Participants receive exclusive discounts for post-event park admission. This event takes place on April 6, 2013.
- Lego Star Wars Days is an event where guests will feel the power of the force. Celebrating all-things Star Wars, guests will can relive the saga in the park’s newest expansion of Miniland USA where the six live-action Star Wars movies, as well as a scene from the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars are created of more than 1.5 million Lego bricks. Guests will can also take part in a Yoda Scavenger Hunt and a special Lego Yoda build activity. This event takes place on May 4 and 5, 2013
- Red, Brick & Boom allows guests to celebrate the 4th of July with special Lego themed fireworks at this second annual Independence Day event, with special viewing glasses that turn ordinary fireworks into millions of exploding bricks. This event takes place on July 4, 5 and 6, 2013
- Brick-or-Treat offers safe and family-friendly Halloween festivities every Saturday and Sunday in October. This event features a Haunted Scavenger Hunt in Miniland USA, trick-or-treating along the brick-or-treat trail, Lego build activities, the largest Lego Jack-O-Lantern in the world, Halloween entertainment and an all-kids costume contest with prizes.
- Christmas Bricktacular brings in the holiday season with a 30-foot tall Lego Christmas tree made of 270,000 Lego bricks, festive decorations, Lego build activity stations, a Lego Santa Scavenger Hunt and holiday entertainment. Lego Santa and Lego Toy Soldier will be making daily appearances in the park as well. Taking place every weekend in December 2013
- Countdown to Kids’ New Year’s Eve Party features nightly fireworks over Lake Eloise. Watch the fireworks explode into millions of tiny Lego bricks with special viewing glasses. This event will take place from Dec. 26 through 30, 2013
- Kids’ New Year’s Eve is the perfect way to bring in the new year with the family where the giant Lego brick drops at a very kid-friendly midnight KST (Kid Standard Time) – otherwise known as 6 p.m.. Other event elements include a fireworks show and a DJ dance party in Miniland USA on Dec. 31, 2013
All events (*except Citrus Classic 5K) are included with regular park admission. For more information on special events, daily operating hours and to purchase tickets, visit www.LEGOLAND.com.