The Florida Mall is about to open its newest addition: The Play Park, a children’s play area by Simon and designed by Play9, that has over 3,000 square-feet of fun and room to play – all set in a beautiful, nature-inspired area.
“The Play Park is about merging fun, imagination and discovery with high-tech innovation,” said Andrea Bjornlie, the Director of Marketing and Business Development at The Florida Mall. “We are proud to offer this unique experience exclusively at The Florida Mall, a family-friendly destination for visitors and the community.”
Guests are invited to come have fun in The Play Park, as well as enjoy free festivities for the grand opening, which starts at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 20 with the official ribbon cutting ceremony.
The activities will be running from noon until 3 p.m. that day, and include:
- A live DJ, featuring kids’ entertainment, games and a photo booth
- Craft stations
- A scavenger hunt
- Karate, gymnastics and dance performances by local youth organizations
- Food samples from select Dining Pavilion Retailers
- Crayola Experience will offer an exclusive bag and personalized crayon to the first 250 people at the event, as well as character meet-and-greets. You can also star in your own coloring page when you visit the Crayola Store and enter a chance to win annual passes!
- Thomas the Tank Engine meet-and-greet near Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Face painters, strolling entertainers, balloon artists and stilt walkers
- Costumed characters like The Trolls, Snow White and Beauty and the Beast will make appearances for photos throughout the day
- Gift bags for the first 250 children to attend
- Two grand prize “shop and stay” giveaways
The Play Park includes three areas specifically designed to cater to certain growth stages, and promotes creative play for children from infancy to childhood. The play area also includes multi-sensory aspects that will promote mental and physical activity, as well as dexterity. Some of these innovative additions include unique hiding places, memory games, soft floor matting, sculptural climbing features, and more.
For more information about The Play Park, as well as any updates on the grand opening, visit shopfloridamall.com. The Play Park opens at The Florida Mall on May 20.