The time has finally come, as this weekend is the Star Wars Celebration – the ultimate experience for the “Star Wars” fan. This four-day convention has everything a fan could dream of, from screenings and exclusive merchandise to meet and greets with your favorite contributors to the “Star Wars” universe. It all begins this Thursday, April 13 at the Orange County Convention Center.
Celebration has a huge number of events for fans to enjoy, and the show floor will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m Thursday through Saturday, and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. However, some exclusive ticketed events could run until 10 p.m. or later on Thursday through Saturday.
A few of the events that Celebration have to offer are:
- 40 Years of “Star Wars” – a special tribute to this year’s 40th anniversary of the “Star Wars” saga, that will begin the festivities of Star Wars Celebration. Taking place from 11 a.m to 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 13 on the Behind-The-Scenes Stage in room W304, 3rd Floor, this event is sure to bring surprises to kick off the Celebration in style. Speakers include Mark Hamill, Warwick Davis, Billy Dee Williams and more.
- Celebration Art Show – where preselected artists who have contributed work to Lucasfilm or a Lucasfilm license can showcase their artistry. Their panel is from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, on the Behind-The-Scenes Stage in room W304, 3rd Floor.
- Celebration Cosplay Contest – while applications to participate in the contest have ended, fans can attend and enjoy the costumes and props designed and worn by the fans who love them. The contest will take place on Saturday, April 15, starting in the mid-afternoon or later.
- Bounty Hunt – the ultimate fan challenge, where you race against the clock to find bounties! The bounty hunts will take place on Thursday, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Friday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Registration to participate has ended, but fans can sign up the day of at the Bounty Hunt table outside of room W303.
- Mark Hamill’s Tribute to Carrie Fisher – fans can come together to celebrate the life of their Princess Leia with Mark Hamill himself. The tribute will be held on Friday, April 14 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on the Celebration Stage in the Chapin Theater, 3rd Floor.
- Star Wars and Disney Parks: A Galaxy in the Making – come see what the Disney Parks have to offer the “Star Wars” universe with their new park expansions, as well as a look back to how the franchise has impacted Disney Parks all over the world. This panel will be on Saturday, April 15 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. on the Star Wars Galaxy Stage – Valencia ABC, 4th Floor.
While these are just a handful of the events and panels offered to fans at Star Wars Celebration this weekend, there are far more things to see and do to please every “Star Wars” fan.
Tickets for Star Wars Celebration are still on sale, though 4-day tickets for adults as well as Saturday single-day tickets for adults have sold out. Single-day adult tickets for Thursday, Friday and Sunday are $65 preshow, and $75 at the door. For children, 4-day tickets are $70, and $85, and single-day tickets are $35, and $43, respectively. Childrens’ tickets are only valid for ages 6-12. However, ticket prices will increase on April 12 at 12 p.m. EST.
For more information on Star Wars Celebration, and to buy tickets to the event, visit starwarscelebration.com. Follow us on Twitter @Attractions for all of our Star Wars Celebration Coverage, and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to catch all of our Star Wars content from the event.