Theme park fans will be able to build their dream parks this summer with the help of a new computer game, and the developer is looks for your help. Theme Park Studio is a suite of tools that will allow players to build amazing looking theme parks, roller coasters, flat rides, scenery, landscaping, and more in their own custom amusement parks.
Theme Park Studio features include:
- Custom coaster creation: Players can bend, pull, and stretch coasters into any design they wish. Prefabricated templates are provided as helpers, if desired.
- Custom Flat Rides: Players can design their own flat ride from the ground up.
- Mesh importing: Players can build their own environmental objects and import them for maximum customization.
- Particle Effects: Full integration of the ‘Oasis’ particle effects system allows players to create everything from waterfalls, weather effects, explosions, and much more. Particles can have triggers for setting up shows like coasters jumping through rings of fire and splashing through water.
- Scripting: Players can build their own mini games.
- Networked: When finished, players can publish their game to the server, allowing the world to experience their custom theme park.
- Terrain Engine: Players can import their own height maps and textures to create stunning landscapes.
- Water: Players can control water parameters like speed, level, color, and ripple size.
- Animation: Integrated animation engine allows players to setup animated characters like people, animals, etc..
- Vegetation: ‘Oasis’ features an advanced vegetation engine. Allows players to build everything from grass to elaborate oaks. Trees are procedurally generated and can be controlled by custom wind and turbulence settings.
The developer wants to build a community of attraction builders as the game centers around user generated content. If you would like to contribute 3D models, textures or animation, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out these videos showcasing their “Custom Scenery” and “Roller Coaster Design” modules:
We will keep you updated as Theme Park Studio is set to be released this summer. For more information check out their Facebook page.