Merlin Entertainments — a global leader in location-based family entertainment — will reopen its leading London attractions on Aug. 1, including the iconic lastminute.com London Eye, Madame Tussauds London, Sea Life London Aquarium, The London Dungeon, and Shrek’s Adventure! London.[Read more…]
Merlin Entertainments has announced that a new Legoland Korea park is coming to South Korea, which will open by 2022.
Merlin Entertainments will now offer reusable, environmentally-friendly and ethically-produced shopping bags for guests.
Registration is now open for this year’s Brick Dash 5K, the run/walk race on Saturday, April 14 at Legoland Florida Resort. [Read more…]
Merlin Entertainments has announced that it has entered into a multi-territory partnership with Entertainment One to license the Peppa Pig brand for use in developing and operating attractions. [Read more…]
To bring happiness and fun back to Florida’s children in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma, Legoland Florida Resort will donate 18,000 theme park tickets to the UNICEF Kid Power Schools program, and 2,000 tickets to Citrus Center Boys & Girls Clubs. [Read more…]
With just less than a year before the new Legoland Hotel opens at Legoland Florida Resort, guests can now book a room for their stay.
Merlin Entertainments is already building Legoland Florida outside of Orlando, now they’ve announced plans to open a Madame Tussauds Wax Museum and build a 425-foot-tall Orlando Eye observation wheel in a new shopping center on International Drive. [Read more…]
It seems the cat may have gotten out of the bag. The Lakeland Ledger has obtained an e-mail sent to Polk County Commissioner Randy Wilkinson that says Legoland is coming to Cypress Gardens. All e-mails sent to public official’s business e-mail accounts are public record.
But the e-mail wasn’t sent from Merlin Entertainments Group officials (Merlin, owner of Legoland, has purchased the Cypress Gardens property). It was sent by Mark Jackson, a director with Central Florida Tourism & Sports Marketing. So it’s possible he has assumed the announcement will be Legoland, but not likely.
Here are some details listed in the e-mail:
“Helpful Facts: Confidential until Thursday.
1. LEGOLAND Florida will be the fifth LEGOLAND attraction worldwide (CA, Denmark, England, and Germany).
2. Merlin is the second largest attraction company in the world, second only behind Disney.
3. Merlin’s massive research in the area already indicated that; the LEGOLAND brand already has high recognition and a 90% intention to visit by families in their target market.
4. LEGOLAND, CA, is the fastest growing theme park in the U.S., realizing an astounding 6% growth in 2009. The park was also recognized by Amusement Today as the country’s best theme park for children for the sixth consecutive year.
5. Check out Merlin’s website (www.merlinentertainments.biz.) for a broad overview of their operations.”
We plan on being there tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. for the announcement. Check our Twitter account at www.twitter.com/attractions for news from the press conference. We’ll also have all the details, as well as photos and video here tomorrow afternoon.