Irish artist Graham Knuttel will unveil his latest work of art on Nov. 11, the opening day of the Festival of the Masters at Downtown Disney. Knuttel will introduce his work of art which will be on display at the Raglan Road Irish Pub.
Knuttel will also exhibit a collection of many new pieces during the festival, Nov. 11 to 13, and will appear at Raglan Road “Meet the Artist” event at 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Nov. 12.
Known for his bold, bright canvases of stylized figures, Knuttel’s Raglan Road painting is based on a poem, On Raglan Road, written in 1946 by lovesick poet Patrick Kavanagh and recorded in song by Ireland folk musician, Luke Kelly. The pub scene in the painting pops with more than two dozen unconventional Knuttel figures that include Kavanagh, Kelly, Irish rockers Bono and The Edge and writers James Joyce and Brendan Behan. Looking closely, admirers may discover a photo of a child wearing mouse ears.
The 36th Festival of the Masters is an open-air art festival in the Downtown Disney area and features more than 150 award-winning artists. The festival showcases one-of-a-kind and limited-edition painting, photography, sculpture, jewelry and more. There are also family friendly activities like chalk art, live music, and specialty foods.
Activities begin at 10 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 11 and 12. Activities will start at 10 a.m. and end at 5 p.m. on Nov. 13.
Featured interactive activities include:
• Custom Framing: Explore the different ways you can showcase any piece of art. Located at WestSide.
• MiDesign Michaels: Enjoy new ways to personalize—in an instant, online—with digital scrapbooking, photo books and more. Located at WestSide.
• Collaborative Painting: Join the Michaels store Design Team and work together to fill a larger-than-life masterpiece. Located at WestSide.
• Design-Your-Own Friendship Bracelets: Commemorate your trip to Disney by creating customized friendship bracelets with colorful threads. Located in the Pleasure Island area.
• Disney Wood-Framing Experience: Start with the basics—and walk away with your own picture frame decorated with fun Disney embellishments. Located at Marketplace.
The Waterside Stage will introduce crafty ideas and tips for every age and interest. Join Jo Pearson, Kate Gribbon, Kathy Kromer, Jennifer Mele and Paula Schweikhard on the Waterside Stage at the Marketplace. Waterside Stage performance times are 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Nov. 11 and 12. Performances will begin at 11 a.m. and end at 4 p.m. on Nov. 13.
More information: disneyworld.com/artfestival