Busch Gardens Tampa Bay’s annual Halloween event, Howl-O-Scream returns this year for 19 terrifying nights with two all-new haunted houses, five scare zones and the chance to ride their thrill rides in the dark – some of which are “infected” with roaming horrors.
Howl-O-Scream’s two newest houses are set to terrify, with “Undead Arena: Live” and “Demented Dimensions.”
“Undead Arena: Live” takes guests to a post-apocalyptic world, where survivors of the Great Conflict have been split up into two factions: The Worthy and The Unworthy. Each guest will become a member of The Unworthy, as they fight for their lives in the gruesome event at the Undead Arena: Live, a gauntlet that’s invaded with Brian Eaters. With such peril ahead, there’s no guarantee your group will stay together.
“Demented Dimensions” takes place in the abandoned Sterling Manor, built high above a vortex of otherworldly energies, which create a series of portals to other dimensions. Each room and hallway lead to a different universe, and the rules of our world do not apply. Escape is almost impossible from these horrifying worlds.
Some fan favorite houses from previous years will also make their way to Howl-O-Scream this year, including Motel Hell, Zombie Containment Unit 15, Death Water Bayou, and Unearthed.
Guests won’t be safe in the streets either, as Howl-O-Scream brings three new scare zones, as well as two classics to the Halloween event:
- Facebook Fans Name ScareZone – New
- This year, Howl-O-Scream is giving Facebook fans the chance to name an abandoned schoolhouse-themed scare zone. Voting begins today, Aug. 17 on the Howl-O-Scream Facebook page, and ends Wednesday, Aug. 30. The results will be announced on the following day.
- “Meat Market” – New
- Watch out as a band of cannibalistic creatures feast upon their prey, but be wary – if they sense your fear, you might be their next meal.
- “Carnie Camp” – New
- The backstage of an old carnival gets a new life with its haunting inhabitants. Creepy street-fair tunes fill the air, and fairground carnies will roam the streets for new victims to feature in their latest spectacle of horrors.
- Take a ride on a rusty merry-go-round and creaky swings as they are haunted by deadly toys and lost children in this paranormal scare zone.
- Enter the post-apocalyptic world of Wasteland, where past and present horrors are still apparent on an abandoned roadway. Travel through piles of rot and debris, and try to survive against those who make escape nearly impossible for new arrivals.
Guests to Howl-O-Scream will also be able to take a chance on a thrill ride in the dark, like the spin-coaster, Cobra’s Curse. Daytime favorite thrill rides will be infested with zombie hordes and gruesome creatures who will fill the empty seats that guests don’t occupy.
Howl-O-Scream 2017 runs on select nights at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay from Sept. 22 through Oct. 29, from 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. each night. Tickets for each guest start at $39.99 plus tax, and special offers are available for Busch Gardens Pass Members.
For more information on this year’s Howl-O-Scream event, and to purchase tickets, visit HowlOScream.com.
Check out the Sept. 21, 2017 episode of ‘Early Night Live’ below for a lights-on look inside Demented Dimensions as well as other fun surprises from this year’s Howl-O-Scream: