If you’ve always wanted to visit the Land of the Rising Sun, a new 11-day Adventures by Disney Japan itinerary might be your ticket in 2019.
Adventures by Disney recently announced announced their line-up of 2019 guided vacations, including an all-new itinerary to Japan, which joins the company’s portfolio of more than 50 destinations across six continents.
In 2019, Adventures by Disney travelers will experience the culture and diversity of Japan during a brand-new itinerary, with expeditions ranging from ancient locales steeped in tradition to fast-paced modern cities. Adventures by Disney collaborated with the Japan National Tourism Organization to create an 11-day, 10-night itinerary, during which travelers will visit Kyoto, Osaka, Takayama, Hakone and Tokyo.
Highlights of the Adventures by Disney Japan vacation will include:
• Explore historical shrines and temples, such as Fushimi Inari Shrine, Sensoji Temple, Pure Water Temple, the Kamakura Daibutsu and Meiji Shrine.
• Experience the tradition of samurai swordsmanship and a maiko dance performance.
• Bike through farm villages and along rice paddies, cruise on a river boat and traverse through a bamboo forest on an authentic Japanese rickshaw.
• Engage with local practitioners in the arts of Taiko drumming, origami and calligraphy.
Discover the secrets to making sushi and learn how to build a bento box.
• Seek serenity at Hama Rikyu Gardens, a green oasis nestled among Tokyo’s skyscrapers, and unwind with a customary tea ceremony steeped in history and tradition.
• Journey to some of Japan’s most famous neighborhoods and markets, like Takeshita Street in Harajuku, Tokyo, and Dotonbori, Osaka’s popular dining district.
• Savor culinary experiences and local treats, such as sake tasting for adults and giant cotton candy for smaller travelers.
• Travelers will also have the option to add a post-trip vacation package that provides a stay and special experiences and access at Tokyo Disney Resort
“Japan offers the perfect setting for an immersive and unforgettable Adventures by Disney experience,” said Ken Potrock, senior vice president of Adventures by Disney. “This trip is designed to enrich and inspire explorers, giving them an authentic, hassle-free way to experience the rich culture of this magnificent country, complete with special touches and unique adventures that only Disney can provide.”
In addition, Adventures by Disney will refresh some of its existing itineraries in Canada. In 2019, a reimagined Alberta, Canada itinerary will offer all-new adventures in Calgary, before traveling to Banff National Park and Lake Louise. In Calgary, travelers will be welcomed as honorary citizens during a traditional ceremony before visiting some of the area’s ranches and farms, sampling local delicacies such as the Saskatoon berry and freshly jarred honey, and even trying their hand at cowboy-style rope wrangling. Adventures by Disney also recently announced an array of offerings that can be added to a Disney Cruise Line sailing in locales such as Barcelona, New York City, Vancouver, and Copenhagen.
Bookings for all 2019 vacations open May 9, 2018. For more information or to book a trip, visit AdventuresByDisney.com or our recommended travel partner MouseFanTravel.com, and watch these videos for other Disney adventures in Japan: