A sinister transformation is coming this fall to Canada’s Wonderland, as Halloween Haunt is set to return, transforming the theme park into a scream park filled with thrills and chills.
On select nights from Sept. 24 through Oct. 31, guests can immerse themselves in Haunt as they encounter more than 500 monsters, frightening scare zones, street performers, live music, thrilling night rides, and live shows.
Due to COVID-19, all of the indoor haunted mazes will be transformed into new outdoor experiences. While the houses haven’t been announced just yet, here’s a look at some of the other offerings guests can expect at this year’s event:
- CarnEvil: The carnival has come to town, promising a show like you have never experienced before. Mayhem takes over everything and everyone, as the freak show’s wicked clowns scour the streets beckoning you to join the carnival. Amused by fear, these clowns feed off the terror of passersby. Beware, if you make eye contact, you just might fall for this act. Maniacal laughter rings through the air and all you can do is hope the joke isn’t on you.
- Frontier’s Revenge: Life in the Frontier is cruel and unforgiving, but death isn’t any better. After mining gold from cursed lands, the townsfolk are doomed to rise from their graves every night for eternity, and they’re looking to take their misery out on new victims.
- Forest of Fear: Nighttime descends quickly onto hikers, who have dared to walk through the forest, not knowing the narrow and winding path may not lead them to their destination before the sun completely disappears. Noises and movements snake through the bushes and trees and the silhouette of a looming creature appears. A snarl erupts, red eyes glow and the only question in your mind is – do I have time to escape?
- Gates of Terror: You’ve arrived at Halloween Haunt, but you must pass through the Gates of Terror to reach your final destination. Beware the monsters lurking in the night. They feast on humans and search for souls who dare to enter their haunting grounds. Watch your back, because there is always a reason to be scared of the dark.
- Ghostly Pines: The villagers who once peacefully inhabited the forest are long since dead. They’ve been haunting the forest for years, searching for new souls to add to their ghoulish ranks. They now live among the pines, terrorizing any mortal who dares to enter these woods.
- Kingdom of Carnage (NEW): A wicked king has ruled over these lands with fear and violence for too long. The peasants have formed a militia and are staging a siege upon the castle in a desperate act to end the brutal tyranny. It’s a bloody, endless fight with many lives lost on both sides. Just as the advancing villagers begin to gain ground, the king and his forces unleash an evil terror sourced from dark magic that threatens to consume everyone and everything in its path. Do you run, or join the battle for freedom?
- Streets of the Undead (NEW): In the wake of a zombie apocalypse, survivors are faced with a grim choice: either turn back to again face the nightmares of the park or push ahead and try to reach the Safe Zone. Reaching the thrills beyond won’t be easy however as the tangled mess of rubble and barricades that once kept these zombies out now keeps them trapped inside the Streets of the Undead!
- The Farmstead (NEW): The authorities have since demolished the abandoned slaughterhouse locals called ‘Blood Shed’ after too many reports of missing people and unexplainable disturbances in the night. No bodies were ever found, but the town believed it could finally rest once the old Beamer’s Meat facility was reduced to rubble. But something still lurks in the outlying fields, where rusted machinery and the discarded remains of the business lay forgotten. When the farmer next door goes missing, and his livestock slaughtered overnight, it becomes clear that the horrors of Blood Shed have returned and found a new, terrifying home at The Farmstead.
- Trick or Treat: “Trick or Treat”, the happy refrain heard across the country on Halloween night usually causes front doors to open and children’s laughter. For this little town, however, it’s met with deadbolts and chains. Every October night the residents lock themselves indoors when the sun sets as monsters from an evil curse come out to dance and play in the streets. They may look like trick-or-treating children, but these creepy kids are not out for candy.
- Wicked Hollow: Beyond Wonder Mountain there once was an enchanted forest, home to benevolent fairies and mystical creatures who lived peaceful, simple lives. Then a dark curse overtook the land and its inhabitants. The fairies became evil, noxious, spell-wielding fairies that loved nothing more than to torture unsuspecting travelers with their magic and sorcery. Beware if you step into the Wicked Hollow, for the evil fairies lie in wait…
- The Skeleton Crew: After several years of hiatus in the underworld, The Skelton Crew has been revived for their infamous performance of humour and horror at Halloween Haunt! They’ll take your very breath away with electrifying acrobatics, trampoline antics, and daring feats of balance and athleticism. It’s a spooky spectacle you won’t want to miss.
- Freak Show: The carnival has come to town and the Freak Show is ready to captivate with thrilling and gruesome acts! You’ll be shocked, you’ll be awed, but we bet you can’t turn away. Be warned, this performance is not for the faint of heart!
- The Illusionist: Prepare to be astonished as our master mentalist bends your imagination to his will with chilling mind games and mesmerizing tricks.
- The Deathly LED Drumline: Catch these spooky skeletal percussionists as they roam the park, mesmerizing guests with their addictive beats. You’ll want to dance and you’ll want to follow, once they draw you in with their haunted drums and foot-stomping music. Find them roaming the south-side of the park once each hour during Haunt nights.
- Vampire Disco: This party is just to DIE for! Our vampire DJs will get the music and your blood pumping in this high-energy musical performance. Are you brave enough to bust a move with these vamps?
- Dixieland Zombie Marching Band: Rising again each night of Halloween Haunt, these performers will lure you in with their bloody music. Watch your step or you might just become the next member of the band.
- Sink the Jerk: He’ll taunt you, ridicule you, and do whatever it takes to distract you from your main mission – hitting that target to give him the punishment he deserves: a sudden plunge, several stories down from his high seat to the frigid and dark waters below. Try your hand at ‘Sink the Jerk’ and see if you can withstand his jests. The reward, we guarantee, will be well worth the effort.
Haunt will also offer specialty food and beverages for guests to enjoy; the menu will be released soon.
If you’re looking to help bring the scares to life, Canada’s Wonderland is currently hiring for a variety of roles to support Halloween Haunt, including:
- Special Effects Makeup Artist
- Halloween Haunt Technician
- Atmosphere Performers
- Costumers and Stitchers
Halloween Haunt is not recommended for children under the age of 13, and Halloween make-up and costumes are not permitted. For more information, visit CanadasWonderland.com/Haunt.