The seventh annual Entertainment Designers Forum will feature some of the top creative minds behind Central Florida’s theme parks and a silent auction of theme park memorabilia for charity.
If you’re interested in how some of your favorite attractions, events and shows are created, you won’t want to miss it. Sessions will be held at 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. on March 4, 2016 at the Orlando Repertory Theatre. In between sessions is your chance to bid on some rare items during a silent auction. The auction will feature theme park memorabilia, original artwork, collectibles and more.
Each session will feature different panel members who will discuss their styles and philosophy of designing theme parks, and tell inside stories about the making of special events and attractions. New this year, the 9 p.m. session will be entirely devoted to the design process and fruition of The Skoolhouse & Pumpkin Alley from Halloween Horror Nights 2008.
All proceeds from the event will go to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life in honor of Stephanie Girand. She worked as an art director and set designer on many feature films, and was also a designer for Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights, Grinchmas and Universal Dubai. Stephanie lost her battle with colon cancer in late 2010 at the age of 49.
Panel members for each session include:
6:30 p.m. Session
- James Keaton: Actor, Universal Orlando Entertainment
- Brian Morrow: VP of Theme Park Design, SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment
- Erin Nicole Cline: Actress, Universal Orlando Entertainment
- Marc “Flounder” Hurst: Senior Technical Director, Walt Disney Imagineering
- Michael Burnett: Manager, Make-up & Prosthetics, Universal Studios
- To be announced
9 p.m. Skoolhouse & Pumpkin Alley Session
- Michael Roddy
- Lora Wallace
- Greg Senner
- Sean Reich
- George Gakoumis
- Mike Wallace
- Kim Gromoll
Tickets for the event are $25 per person, per session or at a discounted price of $45 per person to attend both sessions. All proceeds from the event will go to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life.
• Click to buy a ticket for the 6:30 p.m. session.
• Click to buy a ticket for the 9 p.m. session.
• Click to buy a ticket to both sessions.
You can see some of the items up for auction, panelist updates and more on the Entertainment Designers Forum’s Facebook Page.