Road Trip Planner, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts’ new mobile app, is designed to allow travelers to plan their get-aways quickly and easily using recommended routes and custom itineraries.
As people begin traveling this summer, road trips are expected to be a popular choice, according to research commissioned by Wyndham, and the company’s new interactive booking tool is intended to streamline the planning and booking process.
“With thousands of hotels across our country’s highways and byways and 22 trusted brands, there is no company better positioned to help travelers experience the road trip of their dreams,” said Jessica Davidson, senior vice president, digital, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. “With Road Trip Planner, travelers enter a few details about the trip and instantly get an itinerary with all their hotel stops, bookable in one single transaction. It not only eases the stresses of planning, but ensures the journey is as exciting as the destination.”
Road Trip Planner features include:
- Custom Itineraries – Users can create a customized route and discover interesting stops along the way. Itineraries can be tailored by filtering for driving time or distance, preferred brands, amenities, pet-friendly locations, and more.
- Recommended Routes – Prefer to leave the planning to the app? Simply map out a route with your preferred stops, or view a recommended route based on your travel preferences.
- View Multiple Reservations – Throughout their road trip, users can view multiple reservations on one screen, plus find key amenities and share requests ahead of arrival.
- Pay Your Way – Pay using Wyndham Rewards Points, cash, or a mix of both.
Wyndham’s Road Trip Planner is available as part of the company’s mobile app, and can be downloaded via the Apple App and Google Play stores. It offers mobile check-in and checkout, in-stay features, personalized experiences, Wyndham Rewards account management, Lightning Book, and more.
Research reveals the road tripper/pop culture mindset
Wyndham teamed up with Wakefield Research between May 11-May 15, 2022, polling 1,000 nationally representative adults (ages 18+) to get key insights regarding road trip plans and pop culture references. Here are some of their results:
- When asked if they would prefer to take a road trip with Pete Davidson or Kim Kardashian, 56% chose Pete, with Gen Z weighing in at 60%, Gen X at 58%, and Boomers at 58%. Millennials chose Kim, at 53%.
- For the perfect road trip playlist, 34% chose Adele, 28% chose Queen, 26% prefer Bon Jovi, and 24% gave their vote to Bruce Springsteen.
- Who makes the best road trip companion? 80% of respondents chose a best friend, 61% chose a sibling, and 9% would like to travel with a member of Congress.
- Half of all respondents plan to try a new restaurant during their road trip, 34% want to visit a small town, and 27% plan to travel 1,000 miles from home, or more.
Members can take advantage of Wyndham’s flash sale offer of 8,000 bonus points between May 26-May 30, 2022, redeemable for a $25 Visa prepaid card when booking two-night stay or more using the mobile app. Tap the Mobile App Flash Sale on the homescreen to access the offer.
Membership is free, and the two-night stay must be completed by June 30, 2022.
“Built upon the success and strong adoption of our mobile app, Road Trip Planner is the perfect complement to Lightning Book, which is our fastest way to book direct and enables guests to reserve a hotel in just a few taps,” Davidson added. “Now, whatever your travel preferences, be it booking last minute or planning far ahead, Wyndham has you covered. Summer, here we come!”
For more information visit WyndhamHotels.com/app.