The sixth annual Entertainment Designer Forum will feature some of the top creative minds behind Central Florida’s theme parks and a silent auction of theme park memorabilia for charity.
If you’re interested in how some of your favorite attractions, events and shows are created, you won’t want to miss it. Sessions will be held at 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. on March 20, 2015 at the Orlando Repertory Theatre. In between sessions is your chance to bid on some rare items during a silent auction. The auction will feature theme park memorabilia, original artwork, collectibles and more. Each session will feature different panel members who will discuss their styles and philosophy of designing theme parks, and tell inside stories about the making of special events and attractions.
All proceeds from the event will go to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life in honor of Stephanie Girand. She worked as an art director and set designer on many feature films, and was also a designer for Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights, Grinchmas and Universal Dubai. Stephanie lost her battle with colon cancer in late 2010 at the age of 49.
Orlando Attractions Magazine: The Show host Banks Lee will moderate the panels. Panel members for each session include:
6:30 p.m. Session
- Mike Aiello: Director of Entertainment-Creative Development, Universal Orlando
- Kim Gromoll: Art Director, Walt Disney World
- Melody Matheny: Freelance Designer, Owner Slice Creative Network
- Bobby Bascombe: Lighting Designer/Director
- Greg Senner: Technical Manager, Universal Studios Creative
- Katy Thomas: Sr Mechanical Engineer, Walt Disney World
9 p.m. Session
- Jon Binkowski: CEO/Creative Director, Renaissance Entertainment
- Ray Keim: Freelance Designer
- Chris Ort: Sr Technical Director, Disney
- Jeff Hornick: Director, Design & Engineering, SeaWorld & Busch Gardens
- Josh Siniscalco: Actor, Universal Studios
- Melissa Braillard: Director of Marketing, Orlando Shakespeare Theater
Tickets for the event are $25 per person, per session or at a discounted price of $45 per person to attend both sessions. All proceeds from the event will go to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life.
• Click to buy a ticket for the 6:30 p.m. session.
• Click to buy a ticket for the 9 p.m. session.
• Click to buy a ticket to both sessions.
Below are just a few of the items that will be up for auction during the event:
You can see other items up for auction, panelist updates and more on the Forum’s Facebook Page.