Universal Orlando is opening an all-new quick service food location called Bend the Bao at Universal CityWalk tomorrow, June 15.
This new location will offer Asian fusion-style menu options with diverse ingredients like crab cakes, pork belly, kimchee fried chicken and more — “bending” the traditional idea of bao.
Bend the Bao will be the latest original dining concept creative exclusively by Universal Orlando. The location for this new offering was previously a third-party sushi restaurant that opened in early 2010, Fusion Bistro Sushi & Saki Bar.
The menu includes:
- Shrimp Bao — Fried shrimp, shredded cabbage, avocado, pico de gallo, and chipotle crema
- Crab Cake Bao — Maryland-style crab cake, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and mustard aioli
- Beef Brisket Bao — Beef brisket, fried jalapeño, pickled red onion, cilantro, and avocado lime crema
- Duck Bao — Braised duck, kimchee slaw, XO sauce, cilantro, and five-spice aioli
- Pork Belly Bao — Pork belly, scallions, cucumber, honey-roasted peanuts, and cilantro
- Veggie Bao — Roasted oyster mushrooms, spinach, sweet potato, caramelized onion, smoked ricotta cheese, and tomatillo salsa
The venue will open daily at Universal CityWalk from 10:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. starting Tuesday, June 15. For more information, click here.