Three immersive new events, as well as a reimagined waterpark, will make their debut at California’s Great America this year.
The park, which reopens on March 21, will offer new festivals, a parade, several guest-favorite events and more, including:
- Spring Fiesta (NEW) – This three-weekend-long festival celebrates Hispanic culture with authentic food, live music, and entertainment. Each weekend will have a different theme: Dia del Niño (April 25-26), which offers kid-friendly crafts and games; Cinco de Mayo (May 2-3), which will bring traditional folkloric dance; and Latin Music Festival (May 9-10), which will showcase Bay Area performers.
- Monster Jam Thunder Alley (NEW) – Monster Jam trucks will roll into the park this summer, offering guests the chance to sit inside and even take a ride! This event runs from June 20 – July 12, and includes meet-and-greets with drivers, a themed kids’ play area, and the Monster Jam garage.
- Red, White & Brews – This returning summer festival offers family fun, live entertainment, and gourmet barbecue alongside nightly fireworks. The event will be offered for three weekends: June 27-28, July 4-5, and July 11-12.
- Carnivale at Orleans Place (NEW) – This new nighttime festival will bring authentic New Orleans food, floats, and street performers alongside the park’s Taste of Orleans event. This exclusive offering will take place nightly from July 18 – Aug. 2.
- Halloween Haunt – One of the park’s most popular events will return with a thrilling new haunted maze, new live shows and scare zones, and more monsters roaming than ever before. Halloween Haunt will run on select nights in September and October.
- WinterFest – The park’s holiday event returns with another season of themed entertainment, food, and cheer on select nights in November and December.
The new South Bay Shores waterpark, which opens early this summer, will feature seven new water attractions including:
- 4 drop slides
- 2 tube slides
- Kid-friendly lagoon area
Other offerings include upgraded private cabanas complete with fans, TVs, and food and beverage service; as well as new changing rooms and upgraded food and merchandise locations.
“This stellar lineup of events and the opening of South Bay Shores waterpark will make 2020 the year to experience California’s Great America like never before,” said Manny Gonzales, vice president and general manager. “These new additions to our park, along with our longstanding fan favorites, demonstrate our commitment to being the premier entertainment destination in the Bay Area.”
To learn more about California’s Great America, visit CAGreatAmerica.com.