Route 66 leads guests at Disney California Adventure Park into Cars Land, a fully detailed, immersive re-creation of Radiator Springs, the setting for the hit Disney•Pixar animated film Cars. Guests will be awed by the panoramic vistas of Ornament Valley, experience the thrills of three new attractions and even get to interact with some of their favorite fuel-driven friends.
The re-creation of Radiator Springs captures the authentic feel of Route 66 with three-dimensional versions of familiar landmarks from the film, including Cadillac Mountain Range in Ornament Valley, Luigi’s Casa Della Tires and Flo’s V8 Café. One young boy was even overheard asking his parents, “Is this where the movie was filmed?”
The Attractions of Cars Land
- Radiator Springs Racers: A leisurely, scenic tour of Ornament Valley turns into an all-out race for the Piston Cup as guests race side-by-side through the mountain range, around Willy’s Butte and past the plunging waterfall, Radiator Falls – all familiar sights to fans of the movie. The attraction covers nearly six acres and is the largest attraction by acreage at the Disneyland Resort.
Radiator Springs Racers Ride-through:
- Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree: Everyone’s favorite tow truck, Mater, has corralled a herd of runaway baby tractors in his junkyard. Guests are invited to an old-fashioned “tow-si-do” in Mater’s salvage yard as they ride trailers hitched to the baby tractors.
Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree ride-through:
- Luigi’s Flying Tires: At Luigi’s Casa Della Tires, Luigi and Guido play host to a “Festival of the Flying Tires.” When the music starts, tires float and dance in the grand tradition of a celebration that first started in Luigi’s hometown of Carsoli, Italy. Gliding along, guests shift their body weight to guide the direction of the vehicle, bumping into other tires as they float across Luigi’s 8,000-square-foot Italian garden and tire storage yard. Nostalgic Disneyland fans will recognize the attraction as a descendant of the Flying Saucers attraction, which operated in Tomorrowland from 1961 to 1966.
Luigi’s Flying Tires Ride-through:
Cars Land also treats guests to food and merchandise locations inspired by the Radiator Springs landmarks in the film:
- Flo’s V8 Café serves old-fashioned, breakfast dishes and home-style rotisserie classics for lunch and dinner, including such specialties as a breakfast chicken tamale with scrambled eggs, entrees such as the Veggie-Tater Bake and house-made Pie-O-Rama pies including strawberry-rhubarb, blueberry-peach and apple-cheddar.
- At Cozy Cone Motel, each food item is a different “cone-coction,” such as “Pop-cone” and “Chile Cone Queso.”
- Other food and merchandise locations include Fillmore’s Taste-In, Radiator Springs Curios, Sarge’s Surplus Hut and Ramone’s House of Body Art.
Meet the Residents of Radiator Springs
- Lightning McQueen and Mater settle in at the Cozy Cone Motel to meet guests and pose for photos. Other “car-acters” are featured in the shops, restaurants and attractions.
- Red the Fire Truck enlists young guests to help him water the flowers and clean up the town of Radiator Springs in an interactive water play area.
- DJ’s Dance Party, as seen in Cars, features DJ the rolling boom box with a mischievous personality and built-in CD changer.
Cars Land Grand Opening Ceremony:
Nighttime gives Radiator Springs Racers a new look:
Here’s a look at Disney Imagineers researching the real Route 66 compared to the final product.
A time-lapse video showing the construction of Cars Land:
Cars Land Photo Gallery:
Photo Gallery from the Cars Land opening red carpet:
To learn more about Cars Land or to purchase tickets to visit click here.