D23, the official Disney fan club, is celebrating the 60th anniversary of Disney’s classic Lady and the Tramp by bringing their Fanniversary event into the homes of members and Disney fans around the world.
Starting May 29, 2015, guests can begin preparing for the Fanniversary Home Edition party by downloading invitations, decorations, crafts, games, and even a traditional spaghetti and meatballs recipe provided by the chefs of “The Chew”.
Then from June 12 to 14 it’s time to party. Throughout the weekend, D23 will unveil new and classic content on D23.com about the animated favorite, including:
• A new video featuring original artwork from the Animation Research Library
• A series of the original “Scamp” comics
• A gallery of Lady and the Tramp items from the Walt Disney Archives
• Features full of fun facts about the film, including a piece by Disney music historian Randy Thornton looking at the development of the movie’s songs
• A story on Walt Disney’s own dogs and how they influenced some of his movies
Plus, fans are encouraged to join the conversation on D23’s social media using the hashtag #D23Fanniversary (follow “DisneyD23” on all platforms). One of the many downloadables will be a “selfie station” where fans can pose as the film’s canine couple enjoying a plate of pasta at Tony’s Restaurant, and then upload their shots on social media. Throughout the weekend, D23 also invites fans to post “Dogglegangers”—photos of their own pooches who look like the dogs from the film—and share stories of dogs they have adopted.
Fans are encouraged to watch the film all weekend long. And for those who would like to watch as one big group, at 5 p.m. PDT on June 13, D23 encourages fans around the world to hit “play” on their DVD, Blu-ray, or digital device to kick off the largest Lady and the Tramp viewing party ever. Follow on Twitter, as D23 will be live tweeting out fun facts, commentary, and questions for the audience.
Fans can join the fun and find out more info by visiting D23.com/D23Fanniversary.