Joyous celebrations return to Disney California Adventure this month as the park celebrates Lunar New Year and the traditions of Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese cultures.
From Jan. 17 – Feb. 9, guests can celebrate the Year of the Mouse with multicultural entertainment, musical performances, activities, décor, cuisine, specialty merchandise and more.
Here’s what you can expect for this year’s festivities:
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” – A celebratory parade led by Mulan that honors the holiday and dedicates the new year’s blessings to family and friendship. Performers will dance, perform martial arts, and drumming to enhance the parade, which will run several times daily.
- “Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration” – Nighttime water show at Paradise Bay before “World of Color,” which tells the story of a little lantern’s quest to reunite with family for the annual celebration of good luck and fortune.
- Disney character encounters – Mickey and Minnie will put on their Lunar New Year attire to greet guests at Paradise Gardens. Guests can also see Mulan, Pluto, and the Three Little Pigs.
- Asian cuisine – Explore four festive marketplaces where you can try food and beverages inspired by Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese cultures, including Longevity Noodle Co., Lucky 8 Lantern, Property Bao & Buns, and Red Dragon Spice Traders. A Sip and Savor pass will be available for purchase.
- Entertainment – Live, daily performances by authentic Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese dancers and musicians will be held throughout Paradise Gardens Park.
- Kid-friendly crafts and activities – Enjoy complimentary arts and crafts, including dragon’s pearl coloring and Chinese calligraphy with local artisans. New face painting opportunities have been added to the celebration and are available for purchase.
- Lucky Wishing Wall – Stroll through strings of ornamental lanterns in Paradise Gardens, write down wishes, and tie them to the wall in hopes for a prosperous future.
- Commemorative merchandise – Find new spirit jerseys, bobble-head figures of Chip and Dale, a traditional red envelope set, themed Minnie ear headbands, and more.
To learn more about Lunar New Year celebrations at Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com.