Kids can dive into adventure July 3-25, 2021 at Crayola Experience Orlando when the family destination teams up with the global non-profit ocean exploration organization OceanX for aquatic-themed attractions and activities.
With tactile experiences and immersive videos, the collaboration — the first ever takeover event of the attraction at the Florida Mall in Orlando, Fla. — is intended to inspire the next generation of ocean explorers through creativity, imagination and wonder.
“Creating experiences that help children bring their imagination to life, learn through creativity, and build an emotional connection is in the DNA of both of our organizations,” said Victoria Lozano, executive vice president & general manager of Crayola Attractions and Retail. “The OceanX collaboration will cultivate a sense of wonder for the ocean by engaging tens of thousands of children in a fun and amazing experience through the mysterious playground of the deep blue.”
The limited-time undersea adventure (included in the price of admission) puts kids in the role of OceanX crew members in search of an elusive giant squid.
With mission log books in hand, young crew members will:
- Take an “underwater” photo in a Crayola OceanX sub
- Sculpt an ocean creature and place it on a 3D mapping table
- Learn about undersea wonders and conservation efforts
- View sea creatures in their natural habitat through colorful “portholes” featuring OceanX Media content
- Help build a “coral reef” made of recycled marker caps
“Crayola and OceanX are two organizations dedicated to pushing creative boundaries and expanding the collective imagination,” said OceanX Founder and Creative Director Mark Dalio. “We’re so excited to partner on this project inviting young explorers across the nation to discover the uncharted and largely unexplored underwater universe.”
The OceanX interactive experience will be at these Crayola Experience locations from Aug. 7, 2021, through April 18, 2022:
- Easton, Penn. – Aug. 7 – Sept. 6, 2021
- Chandler, Ariz. – Nov. 20, 2021 – Jan. 3, 2022
- Plano, Texas – March 4 – April 18, 2022
Click here for more information.