Disney’s D23 fan club will hold “Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animated Features” at the Disneyland Resort on Aug. 11 and 12, 2012. The two-day event features concerts, screenings and special guests celebrating decades of Disney films and characters.
The event will showcase films dating back to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to the upcoming Wreck-It Ralph. Renowned historians, authors and animators of today will host this trip through the artistry and imagination of Disney animated features, each day ending with an nighttime concert featuring two Disney Legends.
Highlights will include:
- Salutes to the great Disney animators and artists of the past
- A Saturday-evening concert by Dick Van Dyke and The Vantastix performing Disney songs and pop standards
- A Sunday-evening concert showcase starring eight-time Oscar-winning composer/songwriter Alan Menken, who will perform some of his most memorable songs from many modern-day Disney film classics and more
- A glimpse at how Disney animated features have influenced Disney Parks
- Rare and never-before-seen artwork and film footage
- A special salute to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the “fairest of them all”
- An reunion of Disney animation voice talent through the years
More screenings, presentations, and panels will be announced in the coming weeks.
The event will take place at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, Calif. Tickets will be available starting at 10 a.m. Wednesday, April 18 and are $225 each, available exclusively to D23 Members and their guests. Limited “Diamond Level” tickets will also be available featuring VIP seating, a third day of experiences on Aug. 13 at the Walt Disney Animation Studios, special gifts and more.
For more information about the event and tickets click here.