D23: The Official Disney Fan Club has just announced new exciting details about Destination D23 2021, the “fan-tastic” three-day event that will take place Nov. 19-21, 2021, at Disney’s Contemporary Resort in Walt Disney World.
Among the newly-announced events will be presentations by Disney CEO Bob Chapek; Disney Park, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro; the filmmakers from Walt Disney Animation Studios’ 60th animated feature, “Encanto;” and a musical presentation from Disney on Broadway’s Michael James Scott and Disney’s a cappella sensation, DCappella.
Fans will also experience a special exhibition curated just for the event by the Walt Disney Archives. The all-new exhibit called “50 Years of Bringing Home the Magic” will take guests on a journey through 50 years of Walt Disney World merchandise. Plus, Mickey’s of Glendale, the Walt Disney Imagineering campus store, will be setting up a pop-up shop full of items created just for Destination D23.
Scheduled Destination D23 Presentations include:
- Welcome presentation with Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Chapek
- What’s New and What’s Next for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products – Chairman Josh D’Amaro will share updates on some of the most anticipated projects around the world.
- A special look at what’s new and next from Disney+
- Musical Memories of Walt Disney World – A journey through 50 years of the Walt Disney World songbook with Walt Disney Imagineering, revealing the stories behind beloved fan-favorite melodies and a peek into the process of creating new ones.
- Performances from Michael James Scott (Genie in Disney on Broadway’s “Aladdin”) and DCappella.
- The Art and Imagery of Walt Disney World – A look at the Walt Disney Imagineering Art and Photo collections to see over 50 years of artwork that inspired the most magical place on earth.
- The Magical Musical World of “Encanto” – The filmmakers and special guests will celebrate the upcoming musical.
- Weird Disney World – The fan-favorite “Weird Disney” returns as Director of the Walt Disney Archives Becky Cline presents a half-century of wild and wacky Walt Disney World moments.
- How the (Disney) World Began – The authors and historians behind “A Portrait of Walt Disney World: 50 Years of The Most Magical Place on Earth,” along with Disney Legend Dick Nunis, look at how Walt Disney’s dreams were translated into the Most Magical Place on Earth.
Scheduled Destination D23 Experiences include:
- The Walt Disney Archives: 50 Years of Bringing Home the Magic – The all-new exhibit curated by the Walt Disney Archives features a half-century of souvenirs that allowed guests to bring some Disney magic home.
- Mickey’s of Glendale – Guests will be able to reserve a shopping window for the Walt Disney Imagineering campus store pop-up shop featuring exclusive Destination D23 and Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise (trading pins for this event will be offered to attendees through an RSP opportunity).
- Special Screening – Event guests will be invited to a special screening on Nov. 19 at Disney Springs.
- Disney+ Party – Disney+ will host the event’s grand finale celebration.
Select segments of Destination D23 will be live-streamed on D23.com and D23 social media channels.
Tickets for Destination D23 will go on sale on July 29, 2021, at 1 p.m. EDT / 10 a.m. PDT. General seating is $249 (plus $7 processing fee); preferred seating is $399 (plus $7 processing fee).
Additional event details will be announced in the coming weeks. Click here to stay up-to-date.