This Christmas Day, you can celebrate the unforgettable family moments Disney Parks has helped guests create over the past 60 years with the Disney Parks Unforgettable Christmas Celebration television special.
Now in its 32nd year, the annual Christmas special welcomes back Robin Roberts of ABC’s “Good Morning America” as lead host. Reporting from the Walt Disney World Resort’s Magic Kingdom, Roberts is accompanied by Jesse Palmer, who joins the event for the first time as a correspondent. Palmer shares key parade updates in the midst of the action on Main Street, U.S.A. Janel Parrish, star of the ABC Family hit show “Pretty Little Liars,” serves as music correspondent alongside Stitch from Cinderella Castle.
In the spirit of “Unforgettable Happens Here,” throughout the celebration, Disney Parks will tell the inspiring real-life stories of three families whose personal connection to Disney Parks will make their Christmas dreams come true.
It all culminates with an unforgettable Christmas Day surprise that is sure to warm the hearts of television audiences across the country.
For a dose of nostalgia, viewers are also treated to magical memories from the Disney Christmas shows of yesteryear, along with beloved Disney Park moments shared by actors and actresses from both classic and current Disney films.
Music industry legend David Foster joins today’s top artists to sing their interpretations of Disney classics from the “We Love Disney” album, along with a mix of Christmas favorites.
The lineup includes the following:
• Jason Derulo shakes up this year’s parade with his rendition of “Can You Feel the Love Tonight”
• Ariana Grande pays tribute to the Greek demi-god Hercules with the Disney favorite “Zero to Hero”, along with her latest single “Focus”
• Seal gives his interpretation of “This Christmas” and new hit, “Every Time I’m With You”
• Country music legend Reba McEntire sings her original song, “Going Out Like That” and the popular Christmas tune, “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”
• Andy Grammer delights the crowd with medley of “Honey I’m Good” and his new single “Good to be Alive,” along with the iconic Christmas song “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”
• Rising pop star Charlie Puth adds Christmas cheer with “I’ll Be Home for Christmas” and his own single, “One Call Away”
• “Should’ve Been Us” singer Tori Kelly (pictured above) spreads Disney magic with the beloved classic “Colors of the Wind” from “Pocahontas” and the holiday favorite, “Winter Wonderland”
• Soulful singer Charles Perry jazzes up the festivities with a “World of My Own/Ev’rybody Wants to be a Cat” medley and his own spin on the famous Christmas duet, “Baby, It’s Cold Outside”
• The cast of the Disney Channel Original Movie “Descendants,” Dove Cameron, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart and Sofia Carson, pay tribute to Disney’s most infamous villains with “Rotten to the Core”
This year’s Disney Christmas Parade will feature floats and characters from movie favorites including “Toy Story,” “Pirates of the Caribbean,” “Inside Out,” and “Frozen,” along with the all-new “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and upcoming “Finding Dory” movie.
Viewers can also look forward to watching other Disney parade stars take the spotlight, such as Disney princesses, characters from Disney Junior, and of course, the iconic Disney Toy Soldiers and Santa Claus.
The 32nd annual Christmas celebration airs nationwide on Dec. 25 at 10 a.m. EST and 9 a.m. CST, MST and PST on ABC. The show will also air in Canada on CBC Network and across the globe on the American Forces Network.
For more information, visit Disney.com/DisneyParksChristmas to learn about the special telecast, including local broadcast times. Guests can also join in fun online by using the hashtag #DisneyParade.
See our behind the scenes videos from the taping of the Disney Parks Unforgettable Christmas Celebration below: