Classic video game fans now have a new (old) title to add to their collection — “Disney Classic Games Collection: Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Jungle Book” is available now!
The revamped release is now available at all major U.S. retailers for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC; the PlayStation 4 version will be available soon. This collection includes 16-bit versions of all three titles with new graphical enhancements, features, and previously unreleased content.
“Disney Classic Games Collection: Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Jungle Book” will include the original versions of each game, with upscaled graphics for today’s high-definition displays. The collection also comes with “The Jungle Book and MORE Aladdin Pack,” which includes the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) version of “Aladdin” and classic games based on Disney’s “The Jungle Book.”
Those who already own the previously-released “Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King” can purchase “The Jungle Book and MORE Aladdin Pack” for $9.99.
Other features of the new video game release are:
- The Expanded Collection – For the first time, play through multiple different versions of the beloved “Aladdin,” “The Lion King,” and “The Jungle Book” games that have been created over the years, including both console and handheld versions. This incredible combination makes this the greatest edition of “Disney Classic Games.”
- Both 16-Bit Console Aladdin Games – By popular demand and for the first time since their original releases, the Sega Genesis “Aladdin” and Super Nintendo Entertainment System “Aladdin” games are available and enhanced together for modern consoles.
- Classic Gaming on Modern Displays – “Disney Classic Games Collection: Aladdin, The Lion King and The Jungle Book” bring the cherished retro 16-bit gaming to modern displays with 1080P graphics and enhancements. Players can adjust screen aspect ratios and borders, and even go old school with custom filter options designed to replicate classic CRT TVs.
- Modern Features – Instantly rewind any of the games in real-time to retry difficult areas. View full game play-throughs with the ability to skip forward, jump in, and start playing at any point, and quickly save progress in each of the games and continue the adventure wherever and whenever.
- Interactive Museum – Take a journey behind-the-scenes and learn more about the creation of these cherished games. Watch video interviews with the original development teams or explore numerous galleries containing hundreds of previously unreleased HD concept images and marketing assets.
- Soundtrack – Listen to the entire soundtracks for all games with the ability to repeat and shuffle songs. Enjoy 16-bit versions of classic songs such as “A Whole New World,” “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King,” and “The Bare Necessities!” and more.
“Disney Classic Games Collection: Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Jungle Book” is available for $29.99. Physical copies are available for Nintendo Switch, and digital options are available for Switch, Xbox One, PC, and soon for PlayStation 4. The collection is rated E10+.