Disney’s annual holiday celebration, “Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade” is set to air on Dec. 25 at 10 a.m. Eastern on ABC.
The televised celebration will be hosted by artist Matthew Morrison, singer-songwriter and TV host Emma Bunton, and TV host Jesse Palmer. Joining as co-hosts are ABC’s “black-ish” star Marsai Martin with Hollywood Records artist and star of Disney’s “The Lion King” JD McCrary, who voiced young Simba in the live-action film.
The Christmas special will present from Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland Resort in California. Viewers can expect to see the Christmas Day Parade travel down Main Street, U.S.A., hear heartwarming stories, and see celebrity performances.
There will also be a few Disney Parks sneak peeks during the special. Viewers will get a look at Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida on March 4, 2020 and Disneyland Park in California in 2022, as well as Avengers Campus coming to Disney California Adventure park in 2020. Viewers will also get a look at the newly-opened Disney Skyliner gondola system.
Musical performances during the special include:
- Seventeen-time Grammy Award-winner Sting performs “Soul Cake” off his platinum-selling album “If On a Winter’s Night…” from Walt Disney World Resort
- Two-time Grammy Award-winning reggae star Shaggy sings his new Caribbean-flavored original song “Christmas with Friends” from Walt Disney World Resort
- Three-time Grammy Award-winning a cappella group Pentatonix performs “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” from Walt Disney World Resort
- Singers Ingrid Michaelson and Grace VanderWaal sing “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” from Disneyland Resort
- Grammy Award-winning rock band Portugal. The Man performs “White Christmas” and “Feel it Still” from Disneyland Resort
- International pop star Ally Brooke performs “Christmas Through Your Eyes” from Walt Disney World Resort
- The cast of the new Disney+ original “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series” performs a high-energy medley from Disneyland Resort
Be sure to tune in when “Disney Parks Magical Christmas Day Parade” airs on Wednesday, Dec. 25 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. on ABC and on the ABC app. Airtimes can vary, so be sure to check your local listings.