The holidays are quickly approaching at the Disneyland Resort, and with them will come seasonal magic and wonder starting Nov. 9, 2018, and running through Jan. 6, 2019.
This festive time of year includes the return of fan-favorites like “¡Viva Navidad!” and the “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular. The Festival of the Holidays, which honors the holidays of Christmas/Navidad, Diwali, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and Three Kings Day, will run at Disney California Adventure for an additional two days, running through Jan. 8, 2019.
Guests visiting the parks this winter season will get to experience classic Disneyland traditions and holiday cheer, like snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A., Disney-themed holiday treats, holiday entertaiment, and ride overlays like “it’s a small world” Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle will enchant guests day and night with glistening icicles and twinkling lights. At night, experience the “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular and it’s snowfall finale.
Mickey, Minnie, the Disney Princesses and Santa Claus himself will celebrate the holiday in “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, a daily procession with floats, holiday music, and the classic marching “tin soldiers.”
- See the 60-foot-tall Christmas Tree tower over Town Square in Main Street, U.S.A. Filled with nearly 1,800 ornaments, this tree is the perfect backdrop for holiday photos.
- Experience seasonal overlays of classic park attractions:
- “it’s a small world” will become “it’s a small world” Holiday, as the dolls and toys enjoy their distinct holiday traditions of their countries.
- The Haunted Mansion will become Haunted Mansion Holiday, with Jack Skellington and his frightful friends from Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” bringing Halloween and Christmas together.
Disney California Adventure Park
- Festival of the Holidays will bring the spirit of the season to life with special entertainment, including the guest favorite “¡Viva Navidad!” street party, along with delicious food at the Festive Foods Marketplace, which features holiday dishes and drinks that bridge together diverse cultures and traditions.
- In Cars Land, the holidays will kick off with the “Snowcar” that greets guests on the way to Radiator Springs. Each location along Route 66, including Flo’s V8 Café, Fillmore’s Taste-In, Cozy Cone Motel, and Luigi’s Casa della Tires, will get a holiday makeover that reflects the characters’ personalities.
- Two Cars Land attractions will get holiday overlays to become Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl and Mater’s Jingle Jamboree.
- Guests can enjoy holiday-themed activities with Santa Claus and his elves at Santa’s Holiday Visit at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.
- A 50-foot Christmas Tree will stand in front of Carthay Circle along Buena Vista Street, evoking a 1920s vintage holiday feel.
Downtown Disney and the hotels of the Disneyland resort will also take part in the holiday fun with twinkling lights, ornaments, holiday displays, entertainment and holiday-inspired treats.
To learn more about other holiday offerings at the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com.
Check out our ride-through videos of “it’s a small world” Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday below: