As part of Walt Disney World’s ongoing 50th anniversary celebration, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park will be reopening!
The water park will reopen to guests on Jan. 2, 2022, with the return of guest-favorite attractions plus the debut of new menu items and other fare.
Popular attractions guests will be able to enjoy once again include:
- Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool – America’s largest outdoor wave pool where guests can “hang 10’’ while bodying surfing on the perfect wave every time.
- Miss Adventure Falls – A fast-paced family raft attraction created, as the story goes, when Captain Mary Oceaneer — a seafaring treasure hunter — got her haul caught years ago in a rogue typhoon, scattering her treasure across this tropical paradise.
- Crush ‘n’ Gusher – A thrilling water coaster featuring three 400-foot-long tube slides named for the various fruits they once transported.
- Castaway Creek – A scenic lazy river encircling the entire water park, offering gentle passage past shady grottoes, gushing waterfalls, overhead rope bridges and lush rainforest landscapes.
- Humunga Kowabunga – This attraction offers a choice of three adrenaline-filled body slides set against the steep inclines of Mount Mayday.
Surf programs at the water park will also restart upon its reopening, held at the Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool:
- Learn to Surf – Ideal for all skill levels, surf lessons offer guests the chance to learn to surf during group lessons with a certified surf instructor.
- Private Surf Bookings – Guests can host their own private surfing event for up to 25 individuals during select times. Private Surf returns Jan. 7; bookings are now available.
Over at the park’s shipwreck-inspired eatery, Snack Shack, guests will find a new selection of Dole Whip offerings. In addition to two Moana-inspired Dole Whip character cones, guests can build their own flavor combination with their choice of mango, lime, raspberry or pineapple Dole Whip.
Adults can complement their custom creation by mixing in tequila, coconut rum or dark rum. The Snack Shack at Typhoon Tilly’s will also serve the Habanero Lime Galley Shack Swirl, a new signature cocktail that balances habanero, mango, and lime flavors.
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, Typhoon Lagoon will also add new menu items and features, such as:
- Walt’s Chili Nachos (Snack Shack) – This twist on a classic favorite features house-fried tortillas, cheese, guacamole, shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream and jalapeño.
- EARidescent Ice Dream Cone (Happy Landings) – A birthday cake-flavored soft-serve swirl in a white chocolate-dipped cone, topped with EARidescent sprinkles.
- Walt Disney World Popcorn Bucket (Main Change) – Available throughout the celebration, this popcorn bucket features illustrations of iconic Walt Disney World landmarks with Mickey and Minnie Mouse in their 50th anniversary attire.
- 50th Anniversary Refillable Mug – The new 50th anniversary refillable mugs ill be available at all dining locations and features Disney Water Parks-inspired artwork that pays tribute to “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”