Nickelodeon has announced that their iconic TV game show “Double Dare” will be hitting the road with a multi-city live stage tour titled “Double Dare Live.”
With original host Marc Summers and his sidekick Robin Russo, the live stage show will kick off its tour in Fayetteville, N.C. on Oct. 30, and will tour through North America through November.
“Hosting the ‘Double Dare Live’ tour couldn’t be any more exciting, and I look forward to bringing the fun and messiness of ‘Double Dare’ to audiences across the country,” said Summers. “Doing the show again with my sidekick Robin will fulfill childhood dreams of the generation that grew up with us and introduce this classic show to the next generation.”
“Double Dare Live” will feature two teams of selected audience members as they compete to win prizes by answering trivia questions, taking on messy physical challenges, and ultimately facing the legendary obstacle course.
The all-new iteration of “Double Dare” premiered this summer on Nickelodeon and ranks in the top three shows with kids ages 6-11 on TV. The new series is hosted by digital creator and actress Liza Koshy, with original host Summers offering color commentary on the challenges and providing his knowledge of the game to each episode.
The original “Double Dare” premiered on Oct. 6, 1986 on Nickelodeon, and ran from 1986-1993, making it the network’s longest-running game show. Summers served as show host during that time, as it became one of the most popular original daily programs on cable television.
The series went into syndication in 1988, was revived as “Sloppy Double Dare” in 1989, ran on broadcast television as “Family Double Dare” in 1988, and was followed by new versions on Nick, including “Double Dare 2000.”
Check out the full “Double Dare Live” tour lineup below:
- Oct. 30 – Fayetteville, N.C. – Crown Theatre
- Nov. 1 – Cincinnati, Ohio – Taft Theatre
- Nov. 2 – Charlotte, N.C. – Ovens Auditorium
- Nov. 3 – Baltimore, Md. – UMBC Events Center
- Nov. 4 – Norfolk, Va. – Constant Center
- Nov. 7 – Milwaukee, Wis. – Miller High Life Theatre
- Nov. 8 – Indianapolis, Ind. – Murat Theatre
- Nov. 9 – Nashville, Tenn. – TPAC
- Nov. 10 – Rosemont, Illl. – Rosemont Theatre
- Nov. 11 – Cleveland, Ohio – State Theatre
- Nov. 14 – Hartford, Conn. – Bushnell
- Nov. 15 – Newark, N.J. – NJPAC
- Nov. 16 – Rochester, N.Y. – Auditorium Theatre
- Nov. 18 – Pittsburgh, Pa. – Benedeum Center
Tickets go on sale today, and you can pick yours up online. Visit DoubleDareLiveTour.com for the list of tour cities, times and to purchase tickets.