Exciting changes coming to Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort in 2018
The Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort is continuing its entire transformation this year, with multiple new venues, refurbishments to retail and dining locations to be completed this year.
Downtown Disney will remain open to guests during the transformation, and ultimately bring about a fresh and unique Disney experience.
The popular San Diego-based brewer Ballast Point will open its first Orange County location in Downtown Disney laster this year. Ballast Point pairs its award-winning beers with a vast menu of Southern California cuisine, including small plates, salads, flatbreads and entrees that feature sustainable, local and seasonal ingredients.
This new space will house the first-ever on-site brewery, kitchen, tasting room and outdoor beer garden in the Downtown Disney District. Construction is set to begin soon, and Ballast Point will be located across from Catal Restaurant and Uva Bar.
Another new addition to Downtown Disney is the recently-opened hyper-reality experience, Star Wars: Secrets of then Empire at The VOID. This experience brings guests into the world of Star Wars like never before, allowing them to walk freely and experience this secret rebel mission firsthand.
“Our guests are constantly looking for unique experiences, which is why we’re refreshing familiar spaces and unveiling new locations around every corner of the Disneyland Resort,” said Michael Colglazier, president of the Disneyland Resort. “Innovative venues such as Ballast Point, Splittsville and The VOID are just a few great examples of the transformation taking place in Downtown Disney this year.”
Other experiences set to open in 2018 include:
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes will offer dining, drinks, bowling and entertainment to guests starting Jan. 29
- World of Disney will undergo a reimagining into a new and distinctly Disney retail location. The store will stay open for guests to shop during the majority of the refurbishment, with the work expected to be completed in phases throughout the year.
- Disney Home will be a new place for guests to find a variety of Disney-themed home goods, and will open in February 2018.
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer will offer its award-winning burgers and CrazyShake milkshakes in a casual dining atmosphere, and will open later this year.
- Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria will be renovated to expand its outside patio with a new outdoor bar. It will be the feature of an expanded patio with additional al fresco dining among all new landscaping. The building renovation includes an addition of a new all glass entry, welcoming guests to the first and second floor dining areas. Inside, three new wood-burning pizza ovens will be installed and will be the focal point of the room.The second-floor dining area will feature an open kitchen as well as enhanced outdoor terrace dining.
Napolini, Naples’ fast-casual concept, will also undergo a revamp during the latter part of construction. The restaurant will be open throughout the construction, which is expected to be completed in fall 2018.
For more information and updates on Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort, visit disneyland.com.