Six Flags Fiesta Texas has unveiled plans to debut “the world’s steepest dive roller coaster” next summer — Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger.
The new custom-designed dive coaster created by Bolliger & Mabillard features a cliffhanger hold, which suspends riders as they face straight down a 95-degree, beyond-vertical drop, then releases them moments later into a 150-foot dive.
“Six Flags Fiesta Texas continues to push the limits of thrill and innovation as we prepare to introduce the world’s steepest dive coaster during our 30th anniversary season,” said Jeffrey Siebert, park president. “Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger joins an already stellar lineup of record-breaking roller coasters, rides, and attractions. With eight intense elements including dramatic inversions and extreme airtime, it will quickly become a fan favorite.”
As guests enter the queue for the roller coaster, they will find themselves immersed in the story of Dr. Diabolical and her evil quest to create menacing creatures to frighten the world. To bring her creations to life, she has constructed a machine to capture the essence of human adrenaline and fear.
Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger features three 21-passenger trains that take riders to a height of 15 stories, then pause face-first before diving at 60 miles per hour and flying through a variety of high-thrill experiences.
Key features of the new coaster include:
- Three trains with three rows of passengers, seated seven across
- 2,501 feet of soaring track
- Face-first cliffhanger hold before a 150-foot drop
- Beyond-vertical 95-degree first drop
- A second 75-foot, near-vertical drop
- An Immelmann inversion, during which riders enter a half-loop, followed by a half-twist, then exit the element traveling in the opposite direction making a 180-degree turn
- Four intense elements, including an airtime hill, banked turn, high-speed spiral, and 270-degree zero-g roll
- Speeds of up to 60 miles per hour
- Immersive steampunk theming that tells the story of Dr. Diabolical’s plot to harvest fear
Riders must meet the 52-inch height requirement in order to ride. The coaster will be located in the Crackaxle Canyon Screampunk District of the park, and will debut in the summer of 2022 during the park’s 30th anniversary season.
To learn more about Dr. Diabolical’s Cliffhanger, visit SixFlags.com/FiestaTexas.