In a message from the general manager, Elitch Gardens in Denver, Colo. has shared the decision that the theme and water park will not open for the 2020 season.
This announcement comes in response to Colorado’s Executive Order prohibiting the operation of amusement parks due to COVID-19, along with undetermined timelines for when such restrictions could be eased.
Prior to the Order, park management had been working months to develop a reopening plan, which included new sanitation and social distancing protocols, employee training, ride inspection, and more. As a result of this closure, Elitch Gardens’ 1,400+ team members will not be rehired this season.
Guests who have already purchased a 2020 Season Pass will have it automatically transferred to the new 2021 VIP Season Pass. All passholders will be automatically upgraded to a special VIP Pass that will offer the most benefits and perks for the 2021 season:
- Unlimited theme & water park admission for 2021 season (and dining plan for those who purchased in 2020)
- Free parking for 2021
- Free souvenir cup with $0.99 refills
- 3 free Friend Tickets (date restrictions apply)
- Free $10 on EZ-Band for in-park purchases
- One free Meal Deal (one-time use)
- One free Rapid Ride Pass (one-time use)
- One 1/2 off cabana rental coupon
- Early Ride Time on select attractions, exclusively for Season Pass holders
- One a month in June, July and August 2021, with dates TBD
- Wet ‘N’ Wild Wednesday Nights become exclusive Season Pass holder nights
- Enjoy private hours on some of your favorite water park attractions on Wednesdays in July from 6-8 p.m.
Single-day admission tickets purchased will now be good through 2021, and all guests have to to is redeem the same ticket they received when they purchased it. Questions can be emailed to [email protected]
For more information, visit ElitchGardens.com.