Disney Cruise Line ships will transform this fall into ghoulish wonderlands filled with frightfully fun events, special decorations, themed parties on deck and more.
In 2015, Halloween on the High Seas takes place on most voyages aboard all Disney Cruise Line ships from September through October. This extra-spooky celebration features Halloween-themed parties, lively entertainment and elaborate décor, including The Pumpkin Tree, which magically transforms throughout the cruise.
Other special experiences include:
• Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party, a celebration in addition to Pirate Night with games, dancing and lots of candy. Disney characters, wearing special Halloween costumes just for the occasion, will join guests for this fun-filled costume party.
• A Nightmare Before Christmas — Sing and Scream, an interactive movie experience where guests are part of the action, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack Skellington and Sally.
• Haunted Stories of the Sea, where the bravest cruisers gather under the stars to hear some true or not so true tales of the sea told by a mysterious sea captain storyteller.
• Creepy Cabaret, a party in the atrium featuring favorite Halloween-themed music performed live by a band of ghostly musicians.
• Halloween Isn’t Just For Kids: For adults, the nighttime entertainment district on each Disney ship becomes the ghoulish setting for a costume contest and a Villainous Takeover on the dance floor.
• Spooky Movies: To get guests into the spirit of the season, Halloween-themed movies will be shown in Buena Vista Theatre, on Funnel Vision by the family pool and in guest staterooms.
• Ghoulish Delights: Disney Cruise Line chefs have conjured some very special treats for Halloween, including chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, spider cakes and “Spooky Juice.”
• More spooky fun includes mask-making and a ghostly takeover of ship announcements.
To celebrate Halloween, the Disney Magic sails four and five-night Bahamian and Caribbean cruises departing Oct. 4 to Oct. 28; the Disney Wonder sails a variety of cruises departing Oct. 1 to Oct. 23; the Disney Dream sails three- and four-night Bahamian cruises departing Sept. 7 to Oct. 30; and the Disney Fantasy sails seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises departing Sept. 5 to Oct. 31.