The 2020 Epcot International Festival of the Arts is just around the corner for Walt Disney World, kicking off its annual celebration of visual, culinary and performing arts on Jan. 17.
For 39 days through Feb. 24, 2020, guests will get to see visiting artists, try a variety of culinary delights, and even embrace their own artistic side.
The Disney on Broadway Concert Series will return to the America Gardens Theatre with three daily performances during the festival. The current schedule includes:
- Jan. 17, 20-21, 24-25: Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
- Jan. 18-19, 22-23, 25: Heidi Blickenstaff (“The Little Mermaid”; “Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Jan. 25 – Special performance featuring Simmons, White, Blickenstaff, and Lee
- Jan. 26, 28-29; Feb. 1-2, 5-6, 9: Kara Lindsay (“Newsies”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Feb. 10, 12-13, 18-19, 22-24: Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”; “Beauty and the Beast”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
More January and February performances are still to be announced. All shows are included with theme park admission, though Disney on Broadway Dining Packages are available to guarantee the best possible seating.
Next year’s event will feature 12 festival Food Studios, along with additional food and beverage locations offering creative takes on dishes that are perfect for a photo-op.
Festival guests will find a variety of fun and interactive opportunities, including a colorful new mural that everyone can help paint, workshops, photo opportunities, art galleries, and performance art – like the daily Epcot Living Statues and Art Defying Gravity shows.
Other premium experiences include Paint with a Disney Artist and the World Showcase: Destinations Discovered guided tour, which are available to guests for an extra fee.
Here are a handful of other must-dos during the festival:
- Enjoy the Le Cellier Brunch in the Canada pavilion, a prix fixe spread every Saturday and Sunday in the Canadian chateau. Reservations are required.
- Explore the Green Landing Family Play Zone featuring Wall-E and Eve!
- Enjoy photo-ops throughout Epcot, including the Peter Pan Storybook installation by the United Kingdom pavilion where guests can flip their fins in Mermaid Lagoon or become a pirate at Skull Rock.
- Join Figment’s Brush with the Masters, a scavenger hunt where the dragon has painted himself into famous works of art in each World Showcase pavilion.
- View and purchase works by Disney’s artists in displays throughout World Showcase.
- Watch visiting artists as they create new pieces, from Disney-inspired works to their own creations across many mediums.
- Create festival-inspired T-shirts and candles!
To learn more about the 2020 Epcot International Festival of the Arts, visit ArtfulEpcot.com.