In the latest step along its journey to becoming Orlando’s year-round food festival theme park, Epcot Holidays Around the World is expanding this year with five new food marketplaces, which will serve seasonal treats from November 25 to December 30, 2016.
Just as the fall International Food and Wine Festival and spring Flower and Garden Festival have turned noshing around the Epcot into a seasonal tradition, Holidays Around the World is now adding even more food and drink opportunities for this year’s winter celebration.
The five new marketplaces for Epcot Holidays Around the World are:
• Prost! in Germany: Artisan cheese plate or sauerbraten with red cabbage and spätzle. Drinks include alcoholic ciders, Williams Punch (hot), Caramel Kiss featuring Werther’s Caramel and glüwein (house-made hot spiced wine).
• American Holiday Table in the American Adventure Pavilion: Slow-roasted turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce; and seared pork tenderloin with green bean casserole, roasted sweet potato wedges and a Champagne demi-glace. Drinks include Shipyard Eggnog White Porter Aged on Bourbon, Firenog (eggnog with Fireball Whisky), Great American Wine Company Red Blend and Chardonnay, hot chocolate, eggnog and Cocoa Candy Cane (hot chocolate with peppermint Schnapps).
• Alpine Haus between Morocco and France: Duck confit, dumplings and roasted Brussels sprouts with a fig reduction; cheese fondue in a bread bowl with fresh steamed vegetables, and sachertorte, a chocolate cake with apricot jam and dark chocolate glaze. Drinks include Frozen Winter Spice Hot Chocolate featuring Twinings of London Tea (alcoholic and non-alcoholic version available) Weingut Stadt Krems Gruner Vetliner White Wine and Heinrich Red Blend.
• Seasonal Southern Delights near World Showcase Plaza: Hoppin’ john (black-eyed peas, ham hocks and kale with rice and cornbread crumbles); blackened catfish with white cheddar grits with okra, tomato and onion stew, and chocolate pecan tart. Drinks include Frozen S’Mores and Central 28 beers.
• Feast of the Three Kings near World Showcase Plaza: Shredded beef tamale with avocado crema; roasted pork with mashed yucca and pickled green bananas, and Three Kings Bread. Drinks will include a Coquito (coconut milk) and Coquito with rum floater.
In addition, hot and cold drinks will be offered all around World Showcase, as well as holidays sweets such as the Mickey Santa Hat cupcake at Fountain View restaurant, chocolate honey baklava in Morocco, panettone (Italian Christmas cake) in Italy, gingerbread ice cream and buche de Noel au chocolat (Christmas cake shaped like a log) in France, pai cha (Beijing-style fried dough twist with sesame) in China and guava tamales in Mexico.
For a look at last year’s Epcot Holidays Around the World event, watch this 2015 episode of Florida E-Ticket: