Disney’s D23 Expo official fan event is returning to the Anaheim Convention Center in California in just about a month, Aug. 14 to 16, 2015. The Expo brings together all the worlds of Disney under one roof for three packed days of presentations, pavilions, experiences, sneak peeks, shopping and more.
• Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars – This Expo will be the biggest to date as D23 brings interactive experiences to Disney fans this August.
• Walt Disney Parks and Resorts – The Walt Disney Parks and Resorts show floor pavilion will give D23 EXPO 2015 guests a look into the much-anticipated Shanghai Disney Resort, as well as a preview of the Avatar project coming to Walt Disney World Resort’s Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
• Frozen FANdemonium: A Musical Celebration – The Oscar-winning songwriting team of Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez takes fans on a once-in-a-lifetime musical journey through the world of Frozen.
• Disney On Broadway’s The Originals – Disney Theatrical productions presents an original concert featuring the stars of Broadway’s Aladdin, Mary Poppins, and Tarzan.
• Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios – Previews of upcoming films such as Zootopia, Moana, The Good Dinosaur, and Finding Dory; Plus, a look the making of the Disney hit Aladdin.
• ABC Television – Be among the first to learn the secrets of what’s ahead on ABC’s most anticipated new and returning fall series; hear from some of the fairy tale residents of “Once Upon a Time” and the very talented performers from the new series “The Muppets”; and meet some of your favorite ABC stars in person during special signing sessions.
• ABC Family – Fans can meet their favorite ABC Family stars and collect exclusive pin sets.
• Anniversary Celebrations – Join cast members from the original Mickey Mouse Club as they celebrate the 60th anniversary of that iconic television series, and then see the voice actors from A Goofy Movie reunite to talk about the 20th anniversary of that film.
• Disney Interactive – This will feature the biggest Star Wars and Disney video games in a special presentation in the signature 7,500-seat Hall D23 theater and in Disney Interactive’s pavilion on the show floor.
• Walt Disney Records – Disney Concerts and D23 present Disney In Concert: A Silly Symphony Celebration, featuring a live 32-piece orchestra.
• Disney Channel – Center Stage musical performances by Sabrina Carpenter, Olivia Holt, and Bea Miller; a dance party with stars from Teen Beach 2; a sneak peek at Disney Junior’s upcoming The Lion Guard; meet-and-greets with beloved characters from top-rated preschool series Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins; the premiere of an all-new Mickey Mouse cartoon short and more.
• Walt Disney Archives Presents Disneyland: The Exhibit – More than 300 classic and contemporary objects celebrating the 60th anniversary of Walt’s first theme park will be on display.
• Disney Store – Located within the Disney Consumer Products Pavilion at D23 EXPO, the Disney Store shop will feature new and exclusive products showcased throughout more than 3,000 sq. ft. of retail space. New items celebrating everyone’s favorite characters will be unveiled each day throughout the weekend.
• D23 Expo Dream Store – A magical store featuring special logo apparel, product debuts, artist signings, collectibles, and more Disney-inspired items.
• Disney Consumer Products – Throughout the weekend, Disney Consumer Products will give fans the chance to get hands-on with the very latest in product innovations, explore fashion trends, books, apps, and more, as well as shop for collectible Disney Store merchandise at D23 EXPO.
• D23 Expo Design Challenge and Mousequerade Costume Contest – Twenty-three pieces of fan artwork inspired by Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty Castle will be displayed throughout the show floor. Mousequerade categories include: “Heroes Unmasked,” “Once Upon a Costume,” “The Wonderful Worlds of Disney,” “Best of Star Wars,” and “Weird, Wild, and Goofy!”
And much more not yet announced, including celebrity appearances, panels and presentations, sneak peeks, and unique experiences, all celebrating the past, present and future of Disney. Stay tuned here for more details as they are announced. Also follow “Attractions Magazine” here, on YouTube and on all social outlets for full coverage from the event.
For more information on tickets for D23 Members and general admission, visit D23EXPO.com.