The Epcot International Festival of the Arts will return to celebrate visual, culinary and performing arts starting Jan. 18, 2019.
The annual event will run for 39 days, through Feb. 25, with more live music than ever, plus new tastes to try and new artwork to admire.
As a new treat for this year, the Disney on Broadway concert series will expand to seven days a week during the festival. Every week, different pairs of Disney on Broadway stars will perform favorite songs from Disney productions on the America Gardens Theatre stage. Performers this year include:
- Kerry Butler (“Beauty and the Beast”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Meredith Inglesby (“The Little Mermaid”) and Steve Blanchard (“Beauty and the Beast”)
- Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
- Heidi Blickenstaff (“Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
- Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
The concerts are included with regular theme park admission, and showtimes are 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. nightly. Dining packages will be available for these performances, which guarantee show seating. These can be booked starting Nov. 8, 2018, online or over the phone at (407) WDW-DINE.
In addition to the concert series, the Epcot International Festival of the Arts will feature 13 Food Studios, plus even more creative food and beverage offerings throughout the park.
Art collectors and Disney enthusiasts can peruse the fine artwork for sale throughout the park, at the Art of Disney store and Festival Markets. Special event merchandise will be available at Mouse Gear and other Epcot merchandise locations, with items including shirts, mugs, totes, and more.
Other event highlights will include:
- Guest-painted wall mural along World Showcase Plaza
- Artful Photo Opportunities, including “Washington Crossing the Delaware”
- Learn under the tutelage of a professional with the “Paint with a Disney Artist” program
- Variety of workshops led by professionals, teaching different artistic techniques
- Complimentary 30-minute seminars to help guests produce their own artwork at home
- Over 50 visiting artists participating in the festival
- Gravity-defying feats of acrobatics and strength, as well as performing artists scheduled throughout the event
- International musical and variety acts will perform, including Bodh’aktan on the Canada stage and Delta Q, a new group performing in Germany
- Guests can take part in Figment’s Master Scavenger Hunt by purchasing a map at select merchandise locations
Details on workshop registration will be released at a later date. To learn more about the 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Arts, visit DisneyWorld.com.