Central Florida’s many theme parks will light the night skies July 4, 2012 with special pyrotechnic shows, including a patriotic display at Magic Kingdom, a rock’n’roll spectacular at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Red, Brick and Boom at Legoland Florida and more.
- At the Magic Kingdom, “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” will light the skies at 9 p.m. July 4. The show also will be presented July 3 at 9 p.m.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the traditional fireworks take on a different spin when Mulch, Sweat, and Shears perform for the all-new “Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration”! The resident landscapers will take guests on a musical road trip across America that will highlight each region’s contribution to rock and roll. The fireworks, lighting and special effects will be backed by the band’s live rock and roll. Showtime is 9:45 p.m. Before the show, guests can catch a performance of the classic Disney nighttime show, Fantasmic!, performing July 4 at 9 p.m.
- At Epcot, guests can watch “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” bursting high above World Showcase Lagoon. On the Fourth of July, the show will be enhanced with “The Heartbeat of Freedom,” an overture of traditional Americana themes displayed in a pyrotechnic and laser light event. The show starts at 10 p.m. In addition, guests can see the “Voices of Liberty 4th of July Concert” and meet with Benjamin Franklin, Betsy Ross and Disney characters adorned in patriotic dress at American Adventure from noon to 5:30 p.m.
- At Legoland Florida, Celebrate the 4th of July with a bang at Legoland Florida’s first Independence Day event, Red, Brick & Boom. With special 3D glasses that turn ordinary fireworks into millions of exploding bricks. Showtime is not yet announced.
- Nerd Ranger will be in concert at Universal Studios on the 4th at 5:45, 7 and 8:15 p.m.
- Over at SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa, operating hours are extended to 11 p.m. and 10 p.m. They will also have their nightly Summer Nights entertainment and special fireworks shows.
Theme park hours on July 4 (subject to change without notice):
Magic Kingdom, 9 a.m. through 11 p.m.
Epcot, 9 a.m. through 10 p.m.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios, 9 a.m.through 10 p.m.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom, 8 a.m. through 7 p.m.
Legoland Florida, 10 a.m. through 9 p.m.
Islands of Adventure 8 a.m. through 9 p.m.
Universal Studios 9 a.m. through 10 p.m.
SeaWorld Orlando 9 a.m. through 11 p.m.
Busch Gardens Tampa 9 a.m. through 10 p.m.