Pennsylvania’s Hersheypark is bringing back its fan-favorite Halloween event, but this time the haunts will take over the entire park with a new haunted house add-on.
While the Halloween season at Hersheypark is known for sweetly spooky festivities, this year the park is adding a scarier, more thrilling event: Dark Nights.
The Dark Nights add-on includes three scare zones and four haunted houses. Dark Nights experiences run on select dates from Sept. 17 through Oct. 30, 2022 with the houses opening at 6 p.m. Here’s what to expect in these all-new haunted houses and scare zones:
- Haunted Coal Mine: For too long, unsettling cries of miners lost in these coal shafts have tormented the living. Take a daring trek through the abandoned mines which suddenly becomes an explosive encounter.
- The Descent: Who prowls the dark underground tunnels beneath Hersheypark? Follow her into the depths of decay where the only way out is down.
- Creature Chaos: Join Professor Darkstone as he pits you against Pennsylvania’s most fearful and deadly creatures. Don’t worry, they’re in their cages…for now.
- Twisted Darkness: Dare to have your tarot read by our twisted fortune teller and be forced into a never-ending carnival of nightmares. Was it real or was it all in your mind?
- Scare zones: Midway of Misery, Valley of Fear, and Darkstone’s Hollow
And, like any spooky Halloween event, Dark Nights will have exclusive merchandise and food and drink options. The park is also holding auditions for scare actors on July 19. Learn more about that here.
The family-friendly Hersheypark Halloween includes Creatures of the Night animal experiences, a trick-or-treat trail, Hershey’s Character Glow Dance Party, coasters in the dark, and more.
Hersheypark Halloween festivities are included with general park admission, including the Dark Nights scare zones. However, a separate ticket is required to visit the four Dark Nights haunted houses.