Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has announced that this year’s modified Howl-O-Scream experience will offer 10 scare zones throughout the park, including four brand-new zones that are sure to send a chill up your spine.
Designed to scare in a safe way, the park’s creative production team has consulted with medical experts to modify this year’s zones with a focus on physical distancing and enhanced health and safety measures, while still staying true to the haunt experience fans love.
Capacity will be significantly limited to offer plenty of open space, and nighttime rides on roller coasters, as well as a performance of “Fiends” at the Festival Field, will be offered. The event will run every Friday through Sunday from Sept. 25 – Nov. 1.
Here’s our video interview with the show director followed by descriptions of all 10 scare zones:
- Lycan Landing (NEW) – It’s always a full moon at this campground and the park rangers can’t hear you scream. When the campfires burn out, will you escape the glowing eyes leering through the trees or will you share their cursed fate?
- The Shortcut (NEW) – Cutting through the cemetery may seem like an easy way out, except when the corpses rise from the ground to invite you into their graves
- The Junkyard (NEW) – You’ll find more than spare parts as you explore this surly scrap site. Will you make it out in one piece or be devoured by the haunted rubble?
- The Escape (NEW) – In this treacherous realm, chaos reigns and rules are made to be broken. The escaped inmates of Grey Echo Penitentiary seek their own twisted form of justice and they’re ready to deliver your sentence.
- First Fear – The icons of Howl-O-Scream’s haunted past are the first frights to greet you, rising from the dead and bringing over 20 years of fear back to life.
- Little Nightmares – It’s all tricks and no treats down this dark and eerie street, but there’s no turning back now as childhood memories resurface with a horrifying twist.
- Maniac Midway – Go backstage at “scariest show on earth” with Sparky and his terrifying carnie-crew as they take over Pantopia and make the midway their own stage of torture creating a frenzy of fear.
- Deadly Toys – Your childhood play date is now a slay date as giant toys spring to life in a murderous rampage with you in their sights.
- Hell on Wheels – In a post-apocalypse world, the surly survivors will stop at nothing for food and supplies, destroying all who stand in their way. Can you run the gauntlet of a murderous crazed biker gang to make it out alive?
- Día de los Muertos – Honoring the souls and spirits of those who have gone before us, guests can dance the night away in this festive zone featuring a vibrant celebration of life and traditional tastes of Mexico.
Admission to Howl-O-Scream starts at $29.99, and guests are strongly encouraged to make reservations in advance, as they are required and space is limited each night. In addition, protective face coverings are required in order to attend. Also, no Halloween costumes are allowed.
To learn more about this year’s Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Tampa, visit BuschGardens.com/Tampa.