International Drive’s Icebar Orlando is breaking the ice and announcing its re-opening to guests, which is set for this Thursday, May 14.
Icebar Orlando will reopen following the state and county executive order for restaurants will all safety and sanitation precautions in place. Guests who visit once the location is reopened will be among the first to try the new menu available inside the Fire Lounge, see the new Florida Aquatic-themed sculptures, and more.
The bar will be open initially on Tuesday-Saturday from 5 p.m. – midnight and continue offering its Virtual Dance Party with DJ ET on Saturday nights via Zoom at 8 p.m. Sticking to the Phase 1 re-opening guidelines, Icebar Orlando will operate at a 25-percent capacity and maintain social distancing guidelines inside the Fire Lounge dining area, outside dining area, and inside the Icebar.
Health and safety measures will include:
- All Icebar Orlando employees, including managers, bartenders, hostesses, servers, barbacks, and kitchen staff will wear gloves and masks throughout the night, maintaining social distancing precautions, and all employee temperatures will be taken before each shift with an infrared thermometer.
- Each guest will be given a specific time that they can enter. The guest will have the option to be seated inside the Fire Lounge dining room or the outside dining area while waiting for their time to enter the Icebar. At that time, the hostess will guide the guests inside and seat them at a designated table, and a server will then take their order. Based upon occupancy and capacity levels, guests will be allowed to re-enter the Icebar as often as possible.
- All jackets will be cleaned with a two-step sanitization process after each use:
- Employees will place the jacket into an ultraviolet light closet for a three-minute cycle. The UV light will disinfect and sterilize jackets, killing all bacteria.
- After the jacket is sterilized and disinfected in the UV closet, employees will then spray disinfectant on the jacket as an extra safety precaution.
- All cloth gloves are worn only once by guests. After each use, they are placed in a bin and the gloves are washed and sanitized before their next use. Icebar Orlando will also offer latex gloves to wear underneath the cloth gloves as an option.
- The entire venue will be cleaned and sanitized with disinfectant cleaner regularly throughout the night. This includes the disinfecting of tables, chairs, countertops, entry doors, doorknobs, check presenters, pens, menus, and all hard surfaces, common areas, and guest touchpoints.
- All tables inside the Fire Lounge will be spaced six feet apart with clear and visible markings.
- All food and cocktail menus inside the Fire Lounge will be disinfected and sanitized before and after being handled by guests. Plastic cups will be offered to guests that do not want to drink out of glassware.
- Hand sanitizer will be available on the tables for guests, as well as throughout the venue.
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized on an hourly basis.
“The safety of our guests and our employees is our top priority,” said Thom Kerr, owner of Icebar Orlando. “We are thrilled to reopen our doors, showcase our new food menu and Florida Aquatic themed Icebar, and at the same time, we recognize this new reality we have entered into with the concern over the continuing impacts of COIVD-19. We are confident in the solid safety and health measures that we are taking to ensure both our team members and our guests are taken care of, happy and at ease as they enjoy a memorable night out with us.”
Icebar Orlando is located at 8967 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819. To learn more, visit IcebarOrlando.com.