Kennedy Space Center kicks off 60th anniversary celebrations with ongoing Artemis Mission scavenger hunt
This year, NASA’s Kennedy Space Center celebrates 60 years as the home of American space exploration and spaceflight. And on July 1 and 2, 2022 the space center kicks off its Diamond Anniversary festivities.
Here are all the events happening from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. on July 1-2 at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex:
- The center’s resident DJ will play hit music from the 1960s to today
- Comedy act with audience participation each day at 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, and 4:00 p.m.
- Special presentations of “Kennedy Space Center: A History” every day at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. inside Journey to Mars
- A signature 60th anniversary pin is available for guests, while supplies last
- The Space Shop has more commemorative merchandise to celebrate Kennedy Space Center’s 60th anniversary
Friday, July 1, also marks the start of the ongoing Artemis Mission Manual Scavenger Hunt. Guests can pick up a scavenger hunt book at Information and Guest Services and use it to explore special spots around the visitor complex.
The hunt takes you to six Artemis-themed stations that include a QR code to watch a short video and answer the related questions in the book. Each spot is themed after Artemis moon missions: Explore Ground Systems, Space Launch System, Orion, Lunar Landers, Gateway, and Artemis Generation Spacesuits.
Once each question is answered, participants can place a sticker on the map in the book. After answering questions from all six stations, they can head to Information or the Space Shop to get a prize.
Here’s where all the Kennedy Space Center stations are for the scavenger hunt:
- Heroes and Legends
- Journey to Mars
- Planet Play
- outside Lego Build to Launch
- Space Shuttle Atlantis
- Apollo/Saturn V Center (via the Bus Tour)
The Artemis Mission Manual Scavenger Hunt runs through Aug. 7 and is included with Kennedy Space Center admission. Diamond Anniversary Celebration activities are also included with general admission.
Find Summer of Artemis events, rocket launches, astronaut meet and greets, and more festivities at KennedySpaceCenter.com.