Expanding on the successful Taste of Calico event, Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park, Calif. — California’s first theme park — is introducing Taste of Knott’s, an all-new summertime outdoor dining and retail experience beginning Aug. 21.
Although the theme park remains closed (including all rides), Taste of Knott’s will feature favorite flavors from around the park with over 35 food and drink items that include Mexican-inspired cuisine, Knott’s famous BBQ dishes, classic recipes from the Knott’s Berry Farm Cookbook, and of course, boysenberry specialties that celebrate the 100-year-old park’s beginnings as a family-owned berry farm.
Some of the bites and sips to look forward to are:
- Tater tots topped with BBQ marinated pulled pork and cheddar cheese
- Shrimp Po’ Boy
- Strawberry rhubarb crisp
- Mini jalapeno chicken slider
- Hatch chili mac & cheese
- Smoked pork ribs
- Carnitas fries with pico de gallo and sour cream
- Southwest salad with avocado lime dressing
- Mango cider
- Deep-fried boysenberry pie bites
- Corn on the cob with boysenberry mayo
- Boysenberry smoothie
- Boysenberry-flavored beer, wine, or sangria
- Boysenberry meatballs
In addition to sampling the new and one-of-a-kind food and drink offerings throughout Ghost Town, Fiesta Village, and Boardwalk, guests can also shop at 14 artisan craft booths and purchase exclusive limited event merchandise at select Knott’s retail stores.
The Taste of Knott’s crafters include:
- Build a Beanie – Create one-of-a-kind headwear to reflect your style
- Flores Honey – Honey and bee products from a local Southern California beekeeper
- Leafy Love – Hand-crafted loose-leaf tea blends
- Creative Sea Creations – Beautiful and creative jewelry and home decor
- Rhitrie Crystals – Unique gems, crystals, and jewelry
- Whimsical Charm – Luxe baby blankets, robes, and swaddles for posh tots
- Headbands & Bows – Handmade products that add a special touch to any wardrobe
- WDRingstamp – Personalized stamping on a stainless-steel ring.
- A Cute Little Shop – Hand-painted and crafted gifts and décor
- Celtic Rings – Hand-crafted custom-designed Celtic rings
- Miss Doolittles – Tutus, hair bows, crochet, and knitted hats, and wooden garden décor
The limited-time Taste of Knott’s event will run on weekends only from Aug. 21 through Sept. 13. from 12-9 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 12-8 p.m. on Sundays.
The only way to experience Taste of Knott’s is by purchasing a date-specific tasting card in advance. Regular tasting cards for guests ages 12 and up are $30 plus tax and include five food tastings, Junior cards for guests ages 3-11 are $15 plus tax and include three tastings, and children 2 and under are free. Annual pass holders will receive a discounted tasting card price.
Check here for details regarding Taste of Knott’s health and safety procedures.