The Knott’s Boysenberry Festival is on its way, ready to celebrate the historic roots of Knott’s Berry Farm by highlighting the little berry that started it all.
This year’s festival will offer more than 75 boysenberry-inspired creations crafted by the Knott’s culinary team. Guests will have the opportunity to try everything from savory foods with a boysenberry twist to specialty desserts and drinks that can only be found at the park during the festival.
In addition to the food and drink offerings, the festival will also offer a selection of local crafters, live music, musical stage shows, and activities for guests of all ages.
This year’s Boysenberry Festival will also introduce a brand-new food lineup with 26 new food and drink items, including:
- Lemonade with basil and boysenberry
- Boysenberry Beer cheese soup with a boysenberry drizzle topped with brown butter croutons
- Sautéed Brussel sprouts topped with boysenberry balsamic and bacon
- Beef tips served with boysenberry mashed potato
- Chocolate boysenberry chicken mole on cilantro rice
- Boysenberry Sangria
- Boysenberry Cajun shrimp served over a bed of grits
- Two chicken drumsticks bathed in boysenberry BBQ sauce
- Boysenberry steak chili with a boysenberry cornbread muffin
- Samosa’s with boysenberry chutney
- Pork bao bun dumpling with boysenberry kimchi and Nam pla
- Citrusy boysenberry ceviche with tortilla chips
- Boysenberry smoothie
- Homemade chips with boysenberry onion dip
- Grilled boysenberry sausage in a bun with boysenberry ketchup
- Elote rolled in boysenberry mayo topped with a boysenberry tortilla crumble and cotija cheese
- Mac and cheese bites with boysenberry ketchup
- Glazed donut holes served with boysenberry ice cream and topped with boysenberry coulis
- Boysenberry bread pudding topped with boysenberry coulis and anglaise sauce
- Hot pastrami sandwich on a pretzel bun with boysenberry mustard
- Boysenberry macaron
- Churros powdered with boysenberry sugar
- Boysenberry ice cream
- Boysenberry Beer
- Boysenberry Wine
- Boysenberry Mimosa
Guests can get the most bang for their buck with the purchase of a tasting card, priced at $40 and $38 for season passholders. The card offers eight tastings from a selection of 26 boysenberry-inspired dishes and drinks.
This year’s Boysenberry Festival will also offer limited-edition merchandise, including a new selection of event-themed apparel, pajama sets, festival-inspired parasols, and new packaged food items like boysenberry tequila and whiskey and spiced wine preserves, boysenberry Irish cream coffee, boysenberry cake batter cookies, boysenberry vinaigrette dressing, boysenberry hot sauce, and boysenberry sarsaparilla.
The Knott’s Berry Market will also offer signature boysenberry items like boysenberry BBQ sauce, as well as jams and preserves.
Entertainment at the Knott’s Boysenberry Festival includes:
- Snoopy’s Boysenberry Jamboree! – Guests can join Snoopy, Charlie Brown and the rest of the Peanuts in a musical stage show at Calico Mine Stage
- Riverboat Revenge – Knott’s will pay tribute to its past with this new comedy melodrama presented at the Legendary Bird Cage Theatre
- Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies – Enjoy this group’s toe-tappin’, knee-slappin’ comedic country tunes at the Wagon Camp Stage.
- Boysenberry Fun and Games – Enjoy some of the craziest and messiest games, as well as the famous Boysenberry Pie Eating Contest
- Old MacDonald’s Farm – Cozy up to the cutest critters on the farm, including horses, sheep, goats, and more.
- Knott’s Totally Tubular 80’s Dance Party – Travel back in time as you dance the night away to the best songs of the 1980s
- Boysenberry Blues – Listen as the park’s blues trio performs smooth tunes at the Boardwalk BBQ patio
- Musical Performances – Various musical duos will be playing country and bluegrass songs at Fireman’s BBQ
- DJ Cruz – Knott’s resident DJ will keep the party going with the latest dance hits
- History of the Boysenberry – Experience the history of the fruit that made it all possible in this dedicated museum
The Knott’s Boysenberry Festival runs from March 20 – April 19. To learn more, and to purchase tickets, visit Knotts.com.
Check out our video from last year’s festival below: