On Jan. 12, 2017, kids can become a ninja in their very own adventure when Lego Ninjago World officially opens at Legoland Florida Resort.
Lego Ninjago World will add an immersive area filled with several hands-on, outdoor activities where kids can sharpen their ninja skills before the ultimate showdown on Lego Ninjago The Ride, a new attraction that blends 3D computer animation, “4D” effects and groundbreaking technology never seen outside of a Legoland theme park.
Inspired by the popular Lego building sets and the “Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu” TV show, Lego Ninjago World puts guests at the center of the action in several ways:
• Lego Ninjago The Ride — a state-of-the-art “dark ride” where guests score points using ninja hand moves to blast animated fireballs, lightning and more at waves of 3D villains
• Zane’s Temple Build — a giant Lego building experience where kids can contribute to a model of a mountaintop Ninjago monastery
• Kai’s Spinners — master the ancient art of Spinjitzu at these twirling, whirling, single-person platforms
• Cole’s Rock Climb — an outdoor climbing wall to test kids’ balance and endurance
• Jay’s Lightning Drill — measure your reflexes with these “lightning fast” light-up targets
The lushly landscaped area also will feature daily meet-and-greet opportunities with sibling ninjas Kai and Nya, and Wu’s Warehouse, a themed retail shop stuffed with Lego Ninjago building sets, toys, clothing, souvenirs and more.
Assisted by Kai and Nya, Legoland Florida Resort General Manager Adrian Jones announced the land’s grand opening date on the eve of the resort’s fifth birthday, continuing the largest period of growth and expansion in its history.
Along with Lego Ninjago World, construction continues on Legoland Beach Retreat, which will more than double the resort’s on-site accommodations when its themed bungalows open in mid-2017. Guests currently can make reservations for stays from June 1-Sept. 4, 2017, with rates starting at $182 per night. A grand opening date and associated festivities will be announced at a later date, along with additional amenities.
For more information about Legoland Florida Resort, visit Legoland.com/Florida. To get a look inside at the construction for Lego Ninjago The Ride, watch the Oct. 20, 2016 episode of Attractions Magazine – The Show.
Here’s a look at the opening of Ninjago World at Legoland California and an overview of the area: